The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: Clem Cole <clemc@ccc.com>
To: Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at>
Cc: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society <tuhs@tuhs.org>
Subject: Re: [TUHS] Happy birthday, John Backus!
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 09:23:20 -0500	[thread overview]

As I said, I'm an OS type, I just sit near a number of compiler folks and
have been known to eat lunch with them - so I'm not aware of any that.
Unfortunately, about a month ago we lost the guy to ask about it (the late
Stan Whitlock), who was secretary of the Fortran standards committee for
about 30 years.   I'll try to ask Eklund and Grove (who are both retired
but I still see socially on occasion) what they remember about F and if I
learn anything I'll pass it back here.

Clem

ᐧ