The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] xt
@ 2008-05-06 23:58 Angus Robinson
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Angus Robinson @ 2008-05-06 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

I have a few xt computers and would like to put some old unix OS on,
what unix would you guys recommend for it ? most of the unix that i have
tried to search for are for machines that are older than xt.

Regards,
Angus

* [TUHS] xt
@ 2008-05-07  0:06 ` John Cowan
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: John Cowan @ 2008-05-07  0:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Angus Robinson scripsit:
> Hi
>
> I have a few xt computers and would like to put some old unix OS on,
> what unix would you guys recommend for it ? most of the unix that i have
> tried to search for are for machines that are older than xt.

Check out elks.sf.net.

> Regards,
> Angus

After fixing the Y2K bug in an application:     John Cowan
        WELCOME TO <censored>                   cowan at ccil.org
        DATE: MONDAK, JANUARK 1, 1900           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan

* [TUHS] xt
@ 2008-05-07  1:55 ` Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 2008-05-07  1:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 01:58:11AM +0200, Angus Robinson wrote:
> I have a few xt computers and would like to put some old unix OS on,
> what unix would you guys recommend for it ? most of the unix that i have
> tried to search for are for machines that are older than xt.

Has anybody got a working copy of PC/IX? Apparently it was not a bad
version of Unix for x86.

	Warren

* [TUHS] xt
@ 2008-05-07  9:21 ` Wesley Parish
From: Wesley Parish @ 2008-05-07  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

I think Xenix might run.

On Wednesday 07 May 2008 11:58, Angus Robinson wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a few xt computers and would like to put some old unix OS on,
> what unix would you guys recommend for it ? most of the unix that i have
> tried to search for are for machines that are older than xt.
>

> Regards,
> Angus

-----
Gaul is quartered into three halves.  Things which are
impossible are equal to each other.  Guerrilla
warfare means up to their monkey tricks.
Extracts from "Schoolboy Howlers" - the collective wisdom
of the foolish.
-----
Mau e ki, he aha te mea nui?

* [TUHS] xt
@ 2008-05-07 15:14   ` Cyrille Lefevre
From: Cyrille Lefevre @ 2008-05-07 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Warren Toomey a écrit :
> On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 01:58:11AM +0200, Angus Robinson wrote:
>> I have a few xt computers and would like to put some old unix OS on,
>> what unix would you guys recommend for it ? most of the unix that i have
>> tried to search for are for machines that are older than xt.
>
> Has anybody got a working copy of PC/IX? Apparently it was not a bad
> version of Unix for x86.

I have to check if the media are still readable ?  :)
ditto about xenix, sco unix, etc...

Regards,

Cyrille Lefevre
mailto:Cyrille.Lefevre-lists at laposte.net

* [TUHS] xt
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2008-05-07 16:13 ` Angus Robinson
From: Angus Robinson @ 2008-05-07 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Angus Robinson wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a few xt computers and would like to put some old unix OS on,
> what unix would you guys recommend for it ? most of the unix that i have
> tried to search for are for machines that are older than xt.
>

> Regards,
> Angus

Trying to find something else for unix, i came across this

http://209.85.135.104/search?q=cache:lcSNV-blOiYJ:nordier.com/v7x86/doc/v7x86intro.pdf+using+ed+on+unix+v7&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=za

Seems to be for x86 :)

Regards,
Angus

* [TUHS] xt
@ 2008-05-07 16:20   ` lyricalnanoha
From: lyricalnanoha @ 2008-05-07 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 7 May 2008, Angus Robinson wrote:

> Angus Robinson wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I have a few xt computers and would like to put some old unix OS on,
>> what unix would you guys recommend for it ? most of the unix that i have
>> tried to search for are for machines that are older than xt.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Angus
>>

> Trying to find something else for unix, i came across this
>
> http://209.85.135.104/search?q=cache:lcSNV-blOiYJ:nordier.com/v7x86/doc/v7x86intro.pdf+using+ed+on+unix+v7&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=za
>
> Seems to be for x86 :)
>
> Regards,
> Angus