Void Linux discussion
* Another build question and some other stuff
@ 2015-05-14 17:50 norvegh
From: norvegh @ 2015-05-14 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

Hello,

With kde programs I get these error messages all the time during
compilation:

/usr/include/features.h:148:3: warning: #warning "_BSD_SOURCE and
_SVID_SOURCE are deprecated, use _DEFAULT_SOURCE [-Wcpp]
 # warning "_BSD_SOURCE and _SVID_SOURCE are deprecated, use
_DEFAULT_SOURCE"

What is the correct way to get rid of these?

I started to use void in earnest now, and really like it. Below are some
potential improvements.

1. I think it would be good to have this in /etc/profile:
MANPAGER="less -s"
Less is part of the base-system, so this could not hurt.

2. I think adding this to /etc/hosts by default would be also good:
127.0.1.1 <hostname>
For example every time firefox is started it tries to do a DNS lookup for
the hostname.
If it is not configured in /etc/hosts, or in the DNS server, then it will
wait a couple of seconds before it times out. It is annoying, and
it took me some time and an strace to figure out what is happening. I guess
there can be other programs that do this.

Regards

* Re: Another build question and some other stuff
@ 2015-05-14 22:10 ` Stefan Mühlinghaus
From: Stefan Mühlinghaus @ 2015-05-14 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux