Void Linux discussion
* dwm using just the  F keys for keyboard shortcuts
@ 2015-07-27 13:56 Userx Xbw
From: Userx Xbw @ 2015-07-27 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

in i3 I can use just an F Key (ie f2) and asign it to a shotcut to start an
application -- when using the same metholid in dwm it's not working, I have
yet to find any documentaion on this. what syntex to use for F keys

 this is what i am doing

in i3 config it's as easy as this

bindsym F2  exec --no-startup-id terminology

in DWM wm this is what I used, but it is not accepting the syntex a simple
F2

static const Rule rules[] = {
        /* class      instance    title       tags mask     isfloating
monitor */

        { "terminology", NULL,              0,            True,        -1 },

};

static const char *terminologycmd[] = {"terminology", NULL};

{ SUPKEY,                       F2,        spawn,         {.v =
terminologycmd }},