zsh-users
* ZSH static compile is missing modules even when dynamic is fully  disable
@ 2011-03-09 16:10 nix
From: nix @ 2011-03-09 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

I do compile ZSH statically this way:

#!/bin/sh

ln -s `g++ -print-file-name=libstdc++.a`

./configure --disable-dynamic CFLAGS="-Os -s -static-libgcc -L."
--disable-restricted-r --disable-gdbm

--

Any other built-in module is there such as terminfo and datetime works in
statically compiled version. However the following modules will fail:

zmodload -i zsh/mathfunc
zmodload -i zsh/mapfile

A statically compiled ZSH will give you these errors:

zsh: failed to load module: zsh/mathfunc
zsh: failed to load module: zsh/mapfile

Both mathfunc and mapfile are working just fine when you use dynamically
linked version but I have to get it working in static as well.

Any solution how do I include also mathfunc and mapfile in my static
version as my tools will need them?

* Re: ZSH static compile is missing modules even when dynamic is fully disable
@ 2011-03-09 16:31 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2011-03-09 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

On Mar 9,  6:10pm, nix@myproxylists.com wrote:
}
} Any solution how do I include also mathfunc and mapfile in my static
} version as my tools will need them?

Read the INSTALL file?

 The key to the module system is the file config.modules, created in the
 configuration process.  In the normal case that dynamic loading is
 available, all modules relevant to your configuration will be compiled and
 installed as separate files, so unless you want the modules to be loaded by
 default you don't need to do anything.  For a non-dynamic zsh, the default
 is to compile the complete, compctl, zle, computil, complist, sched,
 parameter, zleparameter and rlimits modules into the shell, and you will
 need to edit config.modules to make any other modules available.