zsh-users
* ZSH static compile is missing modules even when dynamic is fully  disable
@ 2011-03-09 16:10 nix
From: nix @ 2011-03-09 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

I do compile ZSH statically this way:

#!/bin/sh

ln -s `g++ -print-file-name=libstdc++.a`

./configure --disable-dynamic CFLAGS="-Os -s -static-libgcc -L."
--disable-restricted-r --disable-gdbm

--

Any other built-in module is there such as terminfo and datetime works in
statically compiled version. However the following modules will fail:

zmodload -i zsh/mathfunc
zmodload -i zsh/mapfile

A statically compiled ZSH will give you these errors:

zsh: failed to load module: zsh/mathfunc
zsh: failed to load module: zsh/mapfile

Both mathfunc and mapfile are working just fine when you use dynamically
linked version but I have to get it working in static as well.

Any solution how do I include also mathfunc and mapfile in my static
version as my tools will need them?