zsh-users
* Re: Administrivia: zsh.org blocking gmail servers
       [not found] <170202083254.ZM19938__17443.8401511454$1486053722$gmane$org@torch.brasslantern.com>
@ 2017-02-05  0:43 ` Stephane Chazelas
From: Stephane Chazelas @ 2017-02-05  0:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Schaefer; +Cc: zsh-users

2017-02-02 08:32:54 -0800, Bart Schaefer:
[...]
> As a workaround, I've created two new email addresses that will accept
> mail intended for the zsh mailing lists and forward it to zsh.org:
>   zsh-users@closedmail.org
>   zsh-workers@closedmail.org
[...]

An alternative is to post via the gmane NNTP interface.

--
Stephane

* Re: Administrivia: zsh.org blocking gmail servers
@ 2017-03-01 16:10   ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2017-03-01 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

On Mar 1,  1:12pm, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
}
} Does this also work for the ezmlm magic addresses
}
}     zsh-workers-subscribe@zsh.org
}     zsh-workers-sc.1488373827.abcdefgh-localpart=domain.tld@zsh.org
}
} ?

Unfortunately not -- and the free hosting plan for closedmail.org does
not allow me to create enough forwarders to add both -subscribe and
-unsubscribe for both -workers and -users.

I have added zsh-users-subscribe and zsh-users-unsubscribe since those
are "supersets" of zsh-workers, but -workers will have to wait for the
new list server.

* Re: Administrivia: zsh.org blocking gmail servers
@ 2017-03-01 13:12 ` Daniel Shahaf
From: Daniel Shahaf @ 2017-03-01 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Bart Schaefer wrote on Thu, Feb 02, 2017 at 08:32:54 -0800:
> As a workaround, I've created two new email addresses that will accept
> mail intended for the zsh mailing lists and forward it to zsh.org:
>   zsh-users@closedmail.org
>   zsh-workers@closedmail.org
> The mailing list software requires that the list address appear in the
> To: or Cc: headers, so in order to use one of the above forwarders you
> must address your message (for example)
>    To: zsh-workers@zsh.org
>    Bcc: zsh-workers@closedmail.org

Does this also work for the ezmlm magic addresses

    zsh-workers-subscribe@zsh.org
    zsh-workers-sc.1488373827.abcdefgh-localpart=domain.tld@zsh.org

?

We've had several users on IRC who weren't able to subscribe or
unsubscribe.

Thanks,

Daniel

@ 2017-02-27 15:05 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2017-02-27 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Gniazdowski, zsh-users

On Feb 27,  1:58am, Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote:
}
} Couldn't use zsh-workers gate, got reply:
}
}  ezmlm-reject: fatal: List address must be in To: or Cc: (#5.7.0)

You have to include both the actual list address (zsh-users@zsh.org)
and the closedmail forwarder (preferably in Bcc:).

We're working on moving the list server.

* RE: Administrivia: zsh.org blocking gmail servers
@ 2017-02-27  9:58 Sebastian Gniazdowski
From: Sebastian Gniazdowski @ 2017-02-27  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Couldn't use zsh-workers gate, got reply:

 ezmlm-reject: fatal: List address must be in To: or Cc: (#5.7.0)

Sent with the closedmail address in CC.
--
  Sebastian Gniazdowski
  psprint3@fastmail.com

* Re: Administrivia: zsh.org blocking gmail servers
@ 2017-02-02 16:52 ` Jérémie Roquet
From: Jérémie Roquet @ 2017-02-02 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Schaefer; +Cc: Zsh Users

Dear Bart,

> I am sending this message from a gmail-hosted account.  If you are
> reading it, the forwarding address is working.  If you are a gmail
> user and have difficulty getting email through to the lists, please
> try Bcc'ing one of these alternate addresses.

Thank you a lot for this!

It seems it's working — at least I've received your message.

Best regards,

--
Jérémie

* Administrivia: zsh.org blocking gmail servers
@ 2017-02-02 16:32 Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2017-02-02 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

As many of you are probably aware, delivery of email to the zsh-*
lists from any of gmail's services has become increasingly spotty.

This is happening because SORBS, a widely-used anti-spam blocklist,
has for the past several months been listing as "currently sending
spam" a growing subset of gmail's SMTP relay server IP addresses.

The current hosting of the zsh.org lists and archives is donated by
primenet.com.au, an ISP in Australia.  It is their network which
employs the SORBS blocklist, and they are not able to provide special
treatment for the zsh list addresses.  We are looking for other
hosting options, but it  is difficult to find an affordable solution
that is also able to address the technical problems of moving the list
software and archives.  Also, we're all volunteers and have limited
time to spend on this task.

As a workaround, I've created two new email addresses that will accept
mail intended for the zsh mailing lists and forward it to zsh.org:
  zsh-users@closedmail.org
  zsh-workers@closedmail.org
The mailing list software requires that the list address appear in the
To: or Cc: headers, so in order to use one of the above forwarders you
must address your message (for example)
   To: zsh-workers@zsh.org
   Bcc: zsh-workers@closedmail.org
This may result in two copies of the message reaching the list if you
happen to catch one of the gmail servers that is not on the blocklist,
and may also result in you receiving a bounce even though the Bcc copy
made it through; so this is not an ideal solution, but perhaps gets the
job done for now.

I am sending this message from a gmail-hosted account.  If you are
reading it, the forwarding address is working.  If you are a gmail
user and have difficulty getting email through to the lists, please
try Bcc'ing one of these alternate addresses.

I hope this is helpful, and thank you for your patience while we seek
other alternatives.

-- Bart

--
Barton E. Schaefer