zsh-users
* execution in zshrc
@ 2018-05-11 10:07 ` Pol  (Admin)
From: Pol  (Admin) @ 2018-05-11 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users; +Cc: Paolo Pumilia

Here enclosed, my script from my zshrc file, to select current running
linux udistribtion.
At start (e.g. starting a konsole session)  it cannot match any linux
brand (although 'uname -v' works). therefore exiting with 'unknown
distribution'.
Yet, sourcing /etc/zshrc  at terminal prompt, the correct runnig
linux distibution is found.

Any  hints  to fix my  script?

thank you

paolo

--- myzsh script ---
#     System admin aliases depending on the linux distribution
#     Checking for the running system

          case `uname -v` in
           (#i)*ubuntu*)   ubuntu_system; echo '**** ubuntu linux
****'  #  ubuntu linux distribution
                  ;;
           (#i)*suse*)   suse_system; echo 'suse linux distribution'
#  suse linux distribution
                  ;;
          *)     echo 'unknown linux distribution'  # unknown linux distribution
                  ;;
--- end  ----

* Re: execution in zshrc
@ 2018-05-11 11:31   ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2018-05-11 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users; +Cc: Paolo Pumilia

On Fri, 11 May 2018 12:07:54 +0200
"Pol  (Admin)" <xtekhne@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here enclosed, my script from my zshrc file, to select current running
> linux udistribtion.
> At start (e.g. starting a konsole session)  it cannot match any linux
> brand (although 'uname -v' works). therefore exiting with 'unknown
> distribution'.
> Yet, sourcing /etc/zshrc  at terminal prompt, the correct runnig
> linux distibution is found.
>
> Any  hints  to fix my  script?

That means some option is being set in /etc/zshrc that affects the
running of the code.

It looks like this is probably

setopt extendedglob

If you put that before the code chunk it should work.

pws

* Re: execution in zshrc
@ 2018-05-11 12:30     ` Pol  (Admin)
From: Pol  (Admin) @ 2018-05-11 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Stephenson; +Cc: zsh-users, Paolo Pumilia

That works, thank you, but something is still wrong in my scripts,
My ubuntu_system function cannot be found at the start, (yet, noo
problem as my zshrc is sourced from terminal)
Here enclosed my function
thank you
paolo

-- my zsh function -

ubuntu_system () {

alias sepg='apt-cache search --names-only '
alias sapg='apt-cache search  '
alias saipg='apt-cache search --names-only --installed '

echo "ubuntu system aliases loaded"
}

--- end

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 1:31 PM, Peter Stephenson
> On Fri, 11 May 2018 12:07:54 +0200
> "Pol  (Admin)" <xtekhne@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Here enclosed, my script from my zshrc file, to select current running
>> linux udistribtion.
>> At start (e.g. starting a konsole session)  it cannot match any linux
>> brand (although 'uname -v' works). therefore exiting with 'unknown
>> distribution'.
>> Yet, sourcing /etc/zshrc  at terminal prompt, the correct runnig
>> linux distibution is found.
>>
>> Any  hints  to fix my  script?
>
> That means some option is being set in /etc/zshrc that affects the
> running of the code.
>
> It looks like this is probably
>
> setopt extendedglob
>
> If you put that before the code chunk it should work.
>
> pws

* Re: execution in zshrc
@ 2018-05-11 14:15       ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2018-05-11 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pol  (Admin), zsh-users; +Cc: Paolo Pumilia

On Fri, 11 May 2018 14:30:32 +0200
"Pol  (Admin)" <xtekhne@gmail.com> wrote:
> That works, thank you, but something is still wrong in my scripts,
> My ubuntu_system function cannot be found at the start, (yet, noo
> problem as my zshrc is sourced from terminal)
> Here enclosed my function

This is all standard stuff.  You either have your function defined
inline in the startup file before it's used --- which is as good as
anything if you're always going to need to define it, as you obviously
are --- or you use the autoload mechanism: see AUTOLOADING FUNCTIONS in
the zshmisc manual.

pws