* [bug report] crashing when ' #' at beginning of line (interactive mode)
@ 2019-12-25 10:05 Roberto Polverelli Monti
From: Roberto Polverelli Monti @ 2019-12-25 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi,

I noticed that starting a command with ` #' results in crashing of the
shell, when the following three options are active: HIST_IGNORE_SPACE,
HIST_REDUCE_BLANKS and INTERACTIVE_COMMENTS.

I originally erroneously posted this here:
https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh-syntax-highlighting/issues/648

Minimal reproduction:

```
$ zsh -f
isolengo% setopt HIST_IGNORE_SPACE
isolengo% setopt HIST_REDUCE_BLANKS
isolengo% setopt INTERACTIVE_COMMENTS
isolengo%  #
zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  zsh -f
```

Kind regards,
Roberto

* Re: [bug report] crashing when ' #' at beginning of line (interactive mode)
@ 2019-12-25 10:57 ` Daniel Shahaf
From: Daniel Shahaf @ 2019-12-25 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roberto Polverelli Monti, zsh-users

Roberto Polverelli Monti wrote on Wed, 25 Dec 2019 10:05 +00:00:
> ```
> $ zsh -f
> isolengo% setopt HIST_IGNORE_SPACE
> isolengo% setopt HIST_REDUCE_BLANKS
> isolengo% setopt INTERACTIVE_COMMENTS
> isolengo%  #
> zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  zsh -f
> ```

Thanks for the report.  It was fixed earlier this year:

http://www.zsh.org/cgi-bin/mla/redirect?WORKERNUMBER=44142

(I didn't remember this when I asked you to report this here; I only
re-discovered it through reviewing git logs after I got a backtrace from
your report.)

Cheers,

Daniel