zsh-users
* filename autocompletion/autocorrection misfeature
@ 2016-10-08  6:48 Fourhundred Thecat
From: Fourhundred Thecat @ 2016-10-08  6:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hello,

when I type beginning of a filename, and autocomplete with tab:

$ ls gs<tab>

if there is no match starting with "gs", I might get:

$ ls logs

Far from being useful, I find this feature actually harmful. I want to
know that there is no match in current dir (perhaps I entered the wrong
dir mistakenly).

To add insult to injury, the autocompleted/autocorrected filename does
not exist either (there is a file "bootlogs", but no file "logs")

How can I disable this "feature" ?
I tried adding following options into my .zshrc, but that did not help:

  DISABLE_CORRECTION="true"
  unsetopt correct
  unsetopt correct_all

thanks,

* Re: filename autocompletion/autocorrection misfeature
@ 2016-10-13 17:35           ` Fourhundred Thecat
From: Fourhundred Thecat @ 2016-10-13 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

> On 2016-10-13 16:22, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
>
> Eric Cook wrote:
>>> The next thing I would check is for matching control:
>>>   zstyle -L \* matcher-list
>>
>> It appears the question was asked in multiple places.
>> unix.stackexchange.com/questions/315714/disable-substring-filename-completion-in-zsh
>
> So it is matcher-list and l:|=* in particular.
>
> Oliver

yes, the problem is solved by using:

  zstyle ':completion:*' matcher-list ''

I asked the same question on Unix Stackexchange, after I did not receive
any response here for couple of days.

@ 2016-10-13 14:22         ` Oliver Kiddle
From: Oliver Kiddle @ 2016-10-13 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users; +Cc: Fourhundred Thecat

@ 2016-10-13 13:34       ` Eric Cook
From: Eric Cook @ 2016-10-13 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

@ 2016-10-13  9:24     ` Oliver Kiddle
From: Oliver Kiddle @ 2016-10-13  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fourhundred Thecat; +Cc: zsh-users

@ 2016-10-08  8:04   ` Fourhundred Thecat
From: Fourhundred Thecat @ 2016-10-08  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

> On 2016-10-08 09:40, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
>
> So, you should really follow up with that framework's support venue.
> However, we may be able to steer you in the right direction.  What's the
> output of
> .
>     bindkey $'\t'
>     zstyle -L \* completer
> .

the output is:

"^I" expand-or-complete
zstyle ':completion:*' completer _expand _complete

I have now disabled zsh-syntax-highlighting, and I am not using any
other framework (no oh my zsh). But the problem persists.

>> I tried adding following options into my .zshrc, but that did not help:
>>
>>   DISABLE_CORRECTION="true"
>>   unsetopt correct
>>   unsetopt correct_all
>>

> Not sure about the first one (as I said: it's not a zsh feature), but
> the latter two should be placed at the end of .zshrc to be effective.

yeah, DISABLE_CORRECTION did not look like valid zsh option, but I tried
it anyway, because several people were recommending it when I googled
around.

I should also add, that I am using zsh 4.3.17

thanks for help,

* Re: filename autocompletion/autocorrection misfeature
       [not found] <57F896B2.9010506__48050.8810993799$1475909404$gmane$org@gmx.ch>
@ 2016-10-08  7:40 ` Daniel Shahaf
From: Daniel Shahaf @ 2016-10-08  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fourhundred Thecat; +Cc: zsh-users

Fourhundred Thecat wrote on Sat, Oct 08, 2016 at 08:48:18 +0200:
> $ ls gs<tab>
> $ ls logs
>
> How can I disable this "feature" ?

It's not enabled by default; something in your setup opts in to it.
Judging by your reference to DISABLE_CORRECTION, which is not a zsh
thing at all (not in zshparams(1)), I suspect it's enabled by some
configuration framework you use.

?