zsh-users
* filename autocompletion/autocorrection misfeature
@ 2016-10-08  6:48 Fourhundred Thecat
From: Fourhundred Thecat @ 2016-10-08  6:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hello,

when I type beginning of a filename, and autocomplete with tab:

$ ls gs<tab>

if there is no match starting with "gs", I might get:

$ ls logs

Far from being useful, I find this feature actually harmful. I want to
know that there is no match in current dir (perhaps I entered the wrong
dir mistakenly).

To add insult to injury, the autocompleted/autocorrected filename does
not exist either (there is a file "bootlogs", but no file "logs")

How can I disable this "feature" ?
I tried adding following options into my .zshrc, but that did not help:

  DISABLE_CORRECTION="true"
  unsetopt correct
  unsetopt correct_all

thanks,