zsh-users
* Possible bug on reset-prompt
@ 2017-03-19 11:34 Jesper Nygårds
From: Jesper Nygårds @ 2017-03-19 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Users

I'm using zsh 5.3.1

I might have found a minor bug when running reset-prompt with a two-line
prompt while displaying completion info. This is the complete .zshrc needed
to reproduce the problem:

# ==========================

zmodload -i zsh/sched

schedprompt() {
    zle && zle reset-prompt
    sched +5 schedprompt
}
schedprompt

autoload -U compinit
compinit

PS1=$'first\n> '

# ===========================

As you can see, it sets up the prompt to redraw every five seconds, and
also sets up a two-line prompt.

Now do this:
1) Type 'ls -<tab>'  (the completion list for ls options is displayed)
2) Wait a few seconds (so that the prompt is redrawn)
3) Type any letters

You will observe that the letters typed in the last item are displayed one
line _above_ where it is supposed to be. A few seconds later, again when
the prompt is redrawn, the text is repositioned in the right place.

This seems like a bug to me.

* Re: Possible bug on reset-prompt
@ 2017-03-19 16:24 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2017-03-19 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Users

On Mar 19, 12:34pm, Jesper Nygards wrote:
}
} I might have found a minor bug when running reset-prompt with a two-line
} prompt while displaying completion info.

Please check whether this was fixed by workers/40305 ?

* Re: Possible bug on reset-prompt
@ 2017-03-19 20:29   ` Jesper Nygårds
From: Jesper Nygårds @ 2017-03-19 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Users