zsh-users
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* Prompts with emoji issues
@ 2020-05-13  5:08 Lewis Butler
  2020-05-13  6:52 ` Bart Schaefer
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 20+ messages in thread
From: Lewis Butler @ 2020-05-13  5:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Users

I have the following theme:

# cat bsd-candy.zsh-theme
function toon {
  echo -n “👹"
}

PROMPT=$'%{$fg[magenta]%}$(toon)%{$reset_color%} %{$fg_bold[green]%}%n@%m %{$fg_bold[blue]%}%#%{$reset_color%} ‘
#

This works fine in nearly all cases, but often when editing long lines, the space after the # in the prompt gets eaten, and editing the line will have an offset of one character.

I think it only happens when the line length exceeds the terminal application’s width.

Am I doing something wrong here or is this an issue with my terminal emulator (Terminal.app in macOS in this case).

(I have a similar theme fo my Mac commanline that is nearly identical and has the same issues:

# cat apple-candy.zsh-theme
function toon {
  echo -n ""
}

PROMPT=$'%{$fg[magenta]%}$(toon)%{$reset_color%} %{$fg_bold[green]%}%n@%m %{$fg_bold[blue]%}%#%{$reset_color%} ‘
#

-- 
ɹןʇnqן
<mailto:lbutler@covisp.net>
tel:+1.303.219.0564




^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 20+ messages in thread

* Re: Prompts with emoji issues
  2020-05-13  5:08 Prompts with emoji issues Lewis Butler
@ 2020-05-13  6:52 ` Bart Schaefer
  2020-05-13 16:47   ` Roman Perepelitsa
  2020-05-13 21:14   ` Lewis Butler
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 20+ messages in thread
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2020-05-13  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lewis Butler; +Cc: Zsh Users

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 225 bytes --]

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 10:09 PM Lewis Butler <lbutler@covisp.net> wrote:

> I have the following theme:
>
>
You asked exactly this same question  Wed, 11 Dec 2019 14:35:59 -0700 ...
did you lose all the responses from that?

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 20+ messages in thread

* Re: Prompts with emoji issues
  2020-05-13  6:52 ` Bart Schaefer
@ 2020-05-13 16:47   ` Roman Perepelitsa
  2020-05-13 21:14   ` Lewis Butler
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 20+ messages in thread
From: Roman Perepelitsa @ 2020-05-13 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Schaefer; +Cc: Lewis Butler, Zsh Users

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 8:54 AM Bart Schaefer <schaefer@brasslantern.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 10:09 PM Lewis Butler <lbutler@covisp.net> wrote:
>
> > I have the following theme:
> >
> >
> You asked exactly this same question  Wed, 11 Dec 2019 14:35:59 -0700 ...
> did you lose all the responses from that?

https://www.zsh.org/mla/users/2019/msg00703.html

Roman.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 20+ messages in thread

* Re: Prompts with emoji issues
  2020-05-13  6:52 ` Bart Schaefer
  2020-05-13 16:47   ` Roman Perepelitsa
@ 2020-05-13 21:14   ` Lewis Butler
  2020-05-13 21:26     ` Lewis Butler
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 20+ messages in thread
From: Lewis Butler @ 2020-05-13 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Users

On 13 May 2020, at 00:52, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@brasslantern.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 10:09 PM Lewis Butler <lbutler@covisp.net> wrote:
> I have the following theme:
> 
> 
> You asked exactly this same question  Wed, 11 Dec 2019 14:35:59 -0700 ... did you lose all the responses from that?

%2G% did not help.

-- 
ɹןʇnqן
<mailto:lbutler@covisp.net>
tel:+1.303.219.0564




^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 20+ messages in thread

* Re: Prompts with emoji issues
  2020-05-13 21:14   ` Lewis Butler
@ 2020-05-13 21:26     ` Lewis Butler
  2020-05-14  3:54       ` Bart Schaefer
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 20+ messages in thread
From: Lewis Butler @ 2020-05-13 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Users

On 13 May 2020, at 15:14, Lewis Butler <lbutler@covisp.net> wrote:
> On 13 May 2020, at 00:52, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@brasslantern.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 10:09 PM Lewis Butler <lbutler@covisp.net> wrote:
>> I have the following theme:
>> 
>> 
>> You asked exactly this same question  Wed, 11 Dec 2019 14:35:59 -0700 ... did you lose all the responses from that?
> 
> %2G% did not help.

Found what I had done, which still had occasional issues with eating the space (or less often, adding characters to the start of the line)

function toon {
  echo -n “%(👹%2G%}”
}

It’s not all the time and it is an annoyance rather than a showstopper.


-- 
ɹןʇnqן
<mailto:lbutler@covisp.net>
tel:+1.303.219.0564




^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 20+ messages in thread

* Re: Prompts with emoji issues
  2020-05-13 21:26     ` Lewis Butler
@ 2020-05-14  3:54       ` Bart Schaefer
  2020-05-14  9:50         ` Lewis Butler
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 20+ messages in thread
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2020-05-14  3:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lewis Butler; +Cc: Zsh Users

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1239 bytes --]

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 2:26 PM Lewis Butler <lbutler@covisp.net> wrote:

>
> Found what I had done, which still had occasional issues with eating the
> space (or less often, adding characters to the start of the line)
>
> function toon {
>   echo -n “%(👹%2G%}”
> }
>
> It’s not all the time and it is an annoyance rather than a showstopper.
>

Firstly, if that's a literal copy-and-paste, you've written percent
open-paren rather than percent open-brace.

Assuming that's not the problem ...  You mentioned having a similar
occurrence but with a different emoji on your Mac.  Different emoji
characters might need different numbers of "glitch", e.g., on the Mac the
emoji might occupy only one position, so you need only %1G (or just %G).
Also on different terminals the same emoji might occupy different numbers
of positions, though that's less likely.

There's also the possibility of interference by something you haven't
mentioned, such as an RPROMPT setting.  You haven't told us the version(s)
of zsh under which you encountered this -- it's possible there was
something related that has since been fixed.

In any case I can't reproduce a problem with only the PROMPT from your
first message.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 20+ messages in thread

* Re: Prompts with emoji issues
  2020-05-14  3:54       ` Bart Schaefer
@ 2020-05-14  9:50         ` Lewis Butler
  2020-05-14 12:13           ` Lewis Butler
  2020-05-14 17:55           ` Bart Schaefer
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 20+ messages in thread
From: Lewis Butler @ 2020-05-14  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Users

On 13 May 2020, at 21:54, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@brasslantern.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 2:26 PM Lewis Butler <lbutler@covisp.net> wrote:
>   echo -n “%(👹%2G%}”


> Firstly, if that's a literal copy-and-paste, you've written percent open-paren rather than percent open-brace.

Typo.

> Assuming that's not the problem ...  You mentioned having a similar occurrence but with a different emoji on your Mac.  Different emoji characters might need different numbers of "glitch", e.g., on the Mac the emoji might occupy only one position, so you need only %1G (or just %G).  Also on different terminals the same emoji might occupy different numbers of positions, though that's less likely.

Same terminal emulator, same behavior, different emojis. I have setups for 👹, , and 🥧 (though I use the pi so rarely I am not sure it has the same problem. Currently, I always lose the space after the #

Whit this
#v+
function toon {
  echo -n “%(👹%2G%}”
}

PROMPT=$'$(toon) %{$fg_bold[red]%}%n@%m %{$fg_bold[green]%}# '

👹 root@mail #cd /var/log
👹 root@mail #pwd
/var/log
#v-

If I remove the space after the $(toon) in PROMPT I get

👹root@mail #pwd

Still no final space.

> There's also the possibility of interference by something you haven't mentioned, such as an RPROMPT setting.

That is the entirety of the file, barring comments.

>  You haven't told us the version(s) of zsh under which you encountered this -- it's possible there was something related that has since been fixed.

oh-my-Zsh updates frequently so if I do not currently have the latest version I am no more than a day or two out of date. Zsh versions are "5.7.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin19.0)" and "zsh 5.8 (i386-portbld-freebsd12.1)", but this problem has been consistently inconsistent since last fall.

> In any case I can't reproduce a problem with only the PROMPT from your first message.

That’s what I was afraid of. I’ll try playing around with a new user account on the off chance there is some odd setting in my Terminal.app preferences.

-- 
ɹןʇnqן
<mailto:lbutler@covisp.net>
tel:+1.303.219.0564




^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 20+ messages in thread

* Re: Prompts with emoji issues
  2020-05-14  9:50         ` Lewis Butler
@ 2020-05-14 12:13           ` Lewis Butler
  2020-05-14 17:55           ` Bart Schaefer
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 20+ messages in thread
From: Lewis Butler @ 2020-05-14 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

On 14 May 2020, at 03:50, Lewis Butler <lbutler@covisp.net> wrote:
> echo -n “%(👹%2G%}”

Someday I will learn to type. No, really.

echo -n “%{👹%2G%}”

(The typo version with ( would not work at all)

-- 
ɹןʇnqן
<mailto:lbutler@covisp.net>
tel:+1.303.219.0564




^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 20+ messages in thread

* Re: Prompts with emoji issues
  2020-05-14  9:50         ` Lewis Butler
  2020-05-14 12:13           ` Lewis Butler
@ 2020-05-14 17:55           ` Bart Schaefer
  2020-05-14 18:18             ` Lewis Butler
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 20+ messages in thread
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2020-05-14 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lewis Butler; +Cc: Zsh Users

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1681 bytes --]

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 2:52 AM Lewis Butler <lbutler@covisp.net> wrote:

>
> > Firstly, if that's a literal copy-and-paste, you've written percent
> open-paren rather than percent open-brace.
>
> Typo.
>

Please copy-paste rather than type things in.  Aside from that obvious
typo, your double-quotes are coming through as unicode curly-quotes, and
sometimes your single-quotes are unicode apostrophes.  This makes it
painful to use your examples as test cases.

> There's also the possibility of interference by something you haven't
> mentioned, such as an RPROMPT setting.
>
> That is the entirety of the file, barring comments.
>

Yes, but that's obviously not the ONLY file, since you are loading OMZ, and
goodness only knows what is coming in from there.


> oh-my-Zsh updates frequently so if I do not currently have the latest
> version I am no more than a day or two out of date.


This is not the list on which to be debugging OMZ problems.  If you can't
reproduce the issue when using ...

zsh -f
% autoload colors
% colors
% setopt promptsubst
% function toon {
>  echo -n "%{👹%2G%}"
> }
% PROMPT=$'$(toon) %{$fg_bold[red]%}%n@%m %{$fg_bold[green]%}# '

... then you should pursue this elsewhere, as an OMZ problem.


> Zsh versions are "5.7.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin19.0)" and "zsh 5.8
> (i386-portbld-freebsd12.1)", but this problem has been consistently
> inconsistent since last fall.
>

Those are at least recent enough that it should be OK.


> I’ll try playing around with a new user account on the off chance there is
> some odd setting in my Terminal.app preferences.
>

A good next step in any case.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 20+ messages in thread

* Re: Prompts with emoji issues
  2020-05-14 17:55           ` Bart Schaefer
@ 2020-05-14 18:18             ` Lewis Butler
  2020-05-17 19:50               ` Lewis Butler
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 20+ messages in thread
From: Lewis Butler @ 2020-05-14 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Users

On 14 May 2020, at 11:55, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@brasslantern.com> wrote:
> 
> zsh -f
> % autoload colors
> % colors
> % setopt promptsubst
> % function toon {
> echo -n "%{👹%2G%}"
> }
> % PROMPT=$'$(toon) %{$fg_bold[red]%}%n@%m %{$fg_bold[green]%}# '

Ah, perfect. That works as expected, so the problem is a plugin or OMZ

Thank you

-- 
ɹןʇnqן
<mailto:lbutler@covisp.net>
tel:+1.303.219.0564




^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 20+ messages in thread

* Re: Prompts with emoji issues
  2020-05-14 18:18             ` Lewis Butler
@ 2020-05-17 19:50               ` Lewis Butler
  2020-05-17 20:39                 ` Bart Schaefer
                                   ` (2 more replies)
  0 siblings, 3 replies; 20+ messages in thread
From: Lewis Butler @ 2020-05-17 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1596 bytes --]

On 14 May 2020, at 12:18, Lewis Butler <lbutler@covisp.net> wrote:
>  That works as expected, so the problem is a plugin or OMZ

Spoke to soon, while the prompt is working ok on my Mac, it is not working on the FreeBSD machine. I stripped out all the zsh and plugins from my .zshrc and have this:

# cat ~/.zshrc
export PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH
HYPHEN_INSENSITIVE="true"
ENABLE_CORRECTION="true"
COMPLETION_WAITING_DOTS="true"

# PROMPT

# Have tried %3G and %4G
function toon { echo -n "%{👹%2G%}" }

setopt PROMPT_SUBST
PROMPT='$(toon)%F{blue]%}%n@%m%f %F{green}%}#%f '
RPROMPT='%F{green}%}[%T] %f[%~] '

source ~/.zshaliases
source ~/.zshfunctions
source /usr/local/share/zsh-autosuggestions/zsh-autosuggestions.zsh
fpath=(/usr/local/share/zsh-completions $fpath)
source /usr/local/share/zsh-syntax-highlighting/zsh-syntax-highlighting.zsh

Which results in a prompt:

👹lbutlr@mail #_		[13:37] [~] 

Where _ is the cursor position.

So, once again the space after the # is being eaten.

If I remove the $(toon) from PROMPT, it works as expected.

I did find a very old note (Jan 2014) about a similar issue when using tmux (which I use) but the note said that calling tmux -u (which I do) avoids this issue.

<https://askubuntu.com/questions/410048/utf-8-character-not-showing-properly-in-tmux <https://askubuntu.com/questions/410048/utf-8-character-not-showing-properly-in-tmux>>

# grep sshf .zshaliases:
alias sshf='ssh <my server> -t tmux -u new-session -A -s mail'

-- 
ɹןʇnqן
<mailto:lbutler@covisp.net>
tel:+1.303.219.0564




^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 20+ messages in thread

* Re: Prompts with emoji issues
  2020-05-17 19:50               ` Lewis Butler
@ 2020-05-17 20:39                 ` Bart Schaefer
  2020-05-18  3:41                 ` Bart Schaefer
  2020-05-18 12:23                 ` Lewis Butler
  2 siblings, 0 replies; 20+ messages in thread
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2020-05-17 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lewis Butler; +Cc: Zsh Users

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 299 bytes --]

On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 12:51 PM Lewis Butler <lbutler@covisp.net> wrote:

>
> Spoke to soon, while the prompt is working ok on my Mac, it is not working
> on the FreeBSD machine. [...]
>
> source /usr/local/share/zsh-syntax-highlighting/zsh-syntax-highlighting.zsh
>

Have you tried removing that?

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 20+ messages in thread

* Re: Prompts with emoji issues
  2020-05-17 19:50               ` Lewis Butler
  2020-05-17 20:39                 ` Bart Schaefer
@ 2020-05-18  3:41                 ` Bart Schaefer
  2020-05-18 12:23                 ` Lewis Butler
  2 siblings, 0 replies; 20+ messages in thread
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2020-05-18  3:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lewis Butler; +Cc: Zsh Users

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 565 bytes --]

Having taken a bit more time to read what you say you have in your .zshrc
...

On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 12:51 PM Lewis Butler <lbutler@covisp.net> wrote:

>
> setopt PROMPT_SUBST
> PROMPT='$(toon)%F{blue]%}%n@%m%f %F{green}%}#%f '
> RPROMPT='%F{green}%}[%T] %f[%~] '
>

Do things work correctly if you remove the RPROMPT setting?

Have you checked whether there are /etc/z* files on FreeBSD that are being
read, and what is in those?  Try "zsh -o noglobalrcs" ?

What happens if you change that RPROMPT to:

RPROMPT='%F{green}%}[%T] %f[%~]'
ZLE_RPROMPT_INDENT=1

??

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 20+ messages in thread

* Re: Prompts with emoji issues
  2020-05-17 19:50               ` Lewis Butler
  2020-05-17 20:39                 ` Bart Schaefer
  2020-05-18  3:41                 ` Bart Schaefer
@ 2020-05-18 12:23                 ` Lewis Butler
  2020-05-19  0:26                   ` Bart Schaefer
  2 siblings, 1 reply; 20+ messages in thread
From: Lewis Butler @ 2020-05-18 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

On 17 May 2020, at 13:50, Lewis Butler <lbutler@covisp.net> wrote:
> I did find a very old note (Jan 2014) about a similar issue when using tmux (which I use) but the note said that calling tmux -u (which I do) avoids this issue.
> 
> <https://askubuntu.com/questions/410048/utf-8-character-not-showing-properly-in-tmux>

Still testing, but it looks like despite the -u flag, tmux (3.0a) is at fault. If I do a bare ssh session the prompt is correct.

-- 
ɹןʇnqן
<mailto:lbutler@covisp.net>
tel:+1.303.219.0564




^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 20+ messages in thread

* Re: Prompts with emoji issues
  2020-05-18 12:23                 ` Lewis Butler
@ 2020-05-19  0:26                   ` Bart Schaefer
  2020-05-19 13:21                     ` Lewis Butler
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 20+ messages in thread
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2020-05-19  0:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lewis Butler; +Cc: Zsh Users

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 5:24 AM Lewis Butler <lbutler@covisp.net> wrote:
>
> Still testing, but it looks like despite the -u flag, tmux (3.0a) is at fault. If I do a bare ssh session the prompt is correct.

Again, please try ZLE_RPROMPT_INDENT=1 if you have not yet.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 20+ messages in thread

* Re: Prompts with emoji issues
  2020-05-19  0:26                   ` Bart Schaefer
@ 2020-05-19 13:21                     ` Lewis Butler
  2020-05-19 13:54                       ` Roman Perepelitsa
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 20+ messages in thread
From: Lewis Butler @ 2020-05-19 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Users

On 18 May 2020, at 18:26, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@brasslantern.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 5:24 AM Lewis Butler <lbutler@covisp.net> wrote:
>> Still testing, but it looks like despite the -u flag, tmux (3.0a) is at fault. If I do a bare ssh session the prompt is correct.

> Again, please try ZLE_RPROMPT_INDENT=1 if you have not yet.

I had a long reply to both your message and Barts's, but then I tried without using tmux and saw that tmux (on FreeBSD) was the source of the problem and didn't send that email.

I did try ZLE_RPROMPT_INDENT=1 and saw no change and there are no zsh files in /etc/ nor /usr/local/etc

For now I am just not using the emoji prompt on the remote FreeBSD machine,

(The prompt behaves correctly on Macs and the Pi (Pi has an older version of tmux) so, not having an emoji shows me I'm on freeBSD, right?

-- 
ɹןʇnqן
<mailto:lbutler@covisp.net>
tel:+1.303.219.0564




^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 20+ messages in thread

* Re: Prompts with emoji issues
  2020-05-19 13:21                     ` Lewis Butler
@ 2020-05-19 13:54                       ` Roman Perepelitsa
  2020-05-19 22:05                         ` Lewis Butler
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 20+ messages in thread
From: Roman Perepelitsa @ 2020-05-19 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lewis Butler; +Cc: Zsh Users

You need to fix typos in your prompt. Start with this:

  toon=$'\U1F479'
  PROMPT=$toon' %F{blue}%n@%m%f %F{green}%#%f '
  RPROMPT='%F{green}[%T]%f [%~]'

Note that I've replaced 👹 with $'\U1F479'. This is intentional. It's
meant to trigger an error if your locale is misconfigured. If you get
an error saying "zsh: character not in range", your locale isn't
UTF-8. You need to make it UTF-8.

This $toon is a wide unicode character, meaning that it takes 2
columns when printed. Some terminals have bugs that prevent them from
properly rendering such characters. You can check whether you terminal
can render $toon correctly with this command:

  print -r ${(l:${(m)#toon}:: :)}$'XYZ\n'$toon' ^-- must point to Y'

If the arrow points to Y, all is well. If it points to X or Z, either
your terminal is broken or unicode data used by zsh is incorrect. You
can employ a workaround to display $toon correctly nevertheless.

If the arrow points to X:

  toon=$'%{%2G\U1F479 %}'
  PROMPT=...
  RPROMPT=...

If the arrow points to Z:

  toon=$'%{%2G\U1F479%}'
  PROMPT=...
  RPROMPT=...

Roman.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 20+ messages in thread

* Re: Prompts with emoji issues
  2020-05-19 13:54                       ` Roman Perepelitsa
@ 2020-05-19 22:05                         ` Lewis Butler
  2020-05-19 23:20                           ` Daniel Shahaf
  2020-05-20  5:16                           ` Roman Perepelitsa
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 20+ messages in thread
From: Lewis Butler @ 2020-05-19 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Users

On 19 May 2020, at 07:54, Roman Perepelitsa <roman.perepelitsa@gmail.com> wrote:
> You need to fix typos in your prompt. Start with this:

I don't know what message you replied to, but I assume you didn't read the entire thread?

> Note that I've replaced 👹 with $'\U1F479'. This is intentional. It's
> meant to trigger an error if your locale is misconfigured. If you get
> an error saying "zsh: character not in range", your locale isn't
> UTF-8. You need to make it UTF-8.

My local is UTF-8 on all devices.

>  print -r ${(l:${(m)#toon}:: :)}$'XYZ\n'$toon' ^-- must point to Y'

Works fine in Terminal app on macOS and also when tmuxed into FreeBSD, so this is not triggering the issue I am seeing with the prompt in FreeBSD.



-- 



^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 20+ messages in thread

* Re: Prompts with emoji issues
  2020-05-19 22:05                         ` Lewis Butler
@ 2020-05-19 23:20                           ` Daniel Shahaf
  2020-05-20  5:16                           ` Roman Perepelitsa
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 20+ messages in thread
From: Daniel Shahaf @ 2020-05-19 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Users

Lewis Butler wrote on Tue, 19 May 2020 16:05 -0600:
> On 19 May 2020, at 07:54, Roman Perepelitsa <roman.perepelitsa@gmail.com> wrote:
> > You need to fix typos in your prompt. Start with this:  
> 
> I don't know what message you replied to, but I assume you didn't read the entire thread?
> 

Roman replied to the last message in the thread, and his implication
that your PROMPT setting had typos was correct.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 20+ messages in thread

* Re: Prompts with emoji issues
  2020-05-19 22:05                         ` Lewis Butler
  2020-05-19 23:20                           ` Daniel Shahaf
@ 2020-05-20  5:16                           ` Roman Perepelitsa
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 20+ messages in thread
From: Roman Perepelitsa @ 2020-05-20  5:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lewis Butler; +Cc: Zsh Users

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 12:07 AM Lewis Butler <lbutler@covisp.net> wrote:
>
> I don't know what message you replied to, but I assume you didn't read the entire thread?

Your assumption is false.

Have you tried using the fixed PROMPT and RPROMPT definitions I've
posted? Don't attempt to type them. Use copy-paste.

Roman.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 20+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2020-05-20  5:17 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 20+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-05-13  5:08 Prompts with emoji issues Lewis Butler
2020-05-13  6:52 ` Bart Schaefer
2020-05-13 16:47   ` Roman Perepelitsa
2020-05-13 21:14   ` Lewis Butler
2020-05-13 21:26     ` Lewis Butler
2020-05-14  3:54       ` Bart Schaefer
2020-05-14  9:50         ` Lewis Butler
2020-05-14 12:13           ` Lewis Butler
2020-05-14 17:55           ` Bart Schaefer
2020-05-14 18:18             ` Lewis Butler
2020-05-17 19:50               ` Lewis Butler
2020-05-17 20:39                 ` Bart Schaefer
2020-05-18  3:41                 ` Bart Schaefer
2020-05-18 12:23                 ` Lewis Butler
2020-05-19  0:26                   ` Bart Schaefer
2020-05-19 13:21                     ` Lewis Butler
2020-05-19 13:54                       ` Roman Perepelitsa
2020-05-19 22:05                         ` Lewis Butler
2020-05-19 23:20                           ` Daniel Shahaf
2020-05-20  5:16                           ` Roman Perepelitsa

zsh-users

This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:

	git clone --mirror http://inbox.vuxu.org/zsh-users

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V1 zsh-users zsh-users/ http://inbox.vuxu.org/zsh-users \
		zsh-users@zsh.org
	public-inbox-index zsh-users

Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.vuxu.org/vuxu.archive.zsh.users


code repositories for the project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.vuxu.org/mirror/zsh/

AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git