zsh-workers
* Monolithic zsh with an attitude
@ 2001-10-28 20:29 Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado
From: Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado @ 2001-10-28 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh

    Hello zsh-workers :)

    I need to build a monolithic zsh but I want it to have some
additional builtins, as the ones contained in the dynamic module
'mathfunc', for example.

    Obviously, if I use --disable-dynamic, none of these modules are
available, and 'configure' doesn't provide a way of choosing whether
the modules must be included in the monolithic zsh (that's obvious
too, and desirable).

    My question is: must (and safely can) I edit the appropriate
'.mdd' files to have some modules statically linked in my monolithic
zsh or is it dangerous?. I'm assuming that the way to have the
modules I need statically linked is editing the corresponding '.mdd'
file and changing the 'link' parameter (and maybe 'load' too).

    Am I wrong?

    Raúl

* Re: Monolithic zsh with an attitude
@ 2001-10-28 21:45 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2001-10-28 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado, Zsh

On Oct 28,  9:29pm, Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado wrote:
}
} [...] 'configure' doesn't provide a way of choosing whether the
} modules must be included in the monolithic zsh (that's obvious too,
} and desirable).

If you read the INSTALL file, you'll find the answers you seek:

 The key to the module system is the file config.modules, created in
 the configuration process.  In the normal case that dynamic loading is
 available, all modules relevant to your configuration will be compiled
 and installed as separate files, so unless you want the modules to be
 loaded by default you don't need to do anything.  For a non-dynamic zsh,
 the default is to compile the complete, compctl, zle, computil, complist,
 sched, parameter, zleparameter and rlimits modules into the shell, and
 you will need to edit config.modules to make any other modules available.

* Re: Monolithic zsh with an attitude
@ 2001-10-28 23:51 Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado
From: Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado @ 2001-10-28 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dervishd, schaefer, zsh-workers