zsh-workers
* Re: Correction Bug in Beta 17
       [not found] <mdb@cdc.noaa.GOV>
@ 1996-05-08 20:01 ` Danek Duvall
From: Danek Duvall @ 1996-05-08 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

* Re: Correction Bug in Beta 17
@ 1996-05-10 11:01     ` Zoltan Hidvegi
From: Zoltan Hidvegi @ 1996-05-10 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Stephenson; +Cc: zsh-workers

> Obviously, the default sprompt needs changing; you shouldn't need to
> spend several hours debugging just because you've changed your options.
>
> There seems to be another bug hiding here somewhere.
>
> % setopt correct
> % ks
> zsh: correct 'ks' to 'ms' [nyae]? y
> zsh: permission denied: ms
> % which ms
> %

That's not really a bug.  The command hash table contains every file in the
path even non-executable files.

Zoltan

* Re: Correction Bug in Beta 17
@ 1996-05-09  7:34   ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 1996-05-09  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

hzoli@cs.elte.hu wrote:
> > 1% setopt correct
> > 2% setopt promptsubst
> > 3% ks
> > zsh: unmatched '
> > zsh: parse error in command substitution
>
> zsh: correct `%R' to `%r' [nyae]?
>
> If you tund on GLOB_SUBST, zsh will try to expand it so interprets ` as
> command substitution.

Obviously, the default sprompt needs changing; you shouldn't need to
spend several hours debugging just because you've changed your options.

There seems to be another bug hiding here somewhere.

% setopt correct
% ks
zsh: correct 'ks' to 'ms' [nyae]? y
zsh: permission denied: ms
% which ms
%

*** Src/init.c.gs	Mon May  6 16:08:58 1996
--- Src/init.c	Thu May  9 09:27:32 1996
***************
*** 592,598 ****
  	prompt3 = ztrdup("");
  	prompt4 = ztrdup("");
      }
!     sprompt = ztrdup("zsh: correct `%R' to `%r' [nyae]? ");

      if (!(ttystrname = ztrdup(ttyname(SHTTY))))
  	ttystrname = ztrdup("");
--- 592,598 ----
  	prompt3 = ztrdup("");
  	prompt4 = ztrdup("");
      }

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@ifh.de>       Tel: +49 33762 77366
WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/       Fax: +49 33762 77330

* Re: Correction Bug in Beta 17
@ 1996-05-09  1:30   ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 1996-05-09  1:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zoltan Hidvegi, zsh-workers

On May 9, 12:28am, Zoltan Hidvegi wrote:
} Subject: Re: Correction Bug in Beta 17
}
} > With the PROMPT_SUBST option set in zsh-2.6-beta17, the spelling correction
} > prompt is totally messed up, and two bogus error messages are produced:
} >
} > 1% setopt correct
} > 2% setopt promptsubst
} > 3% ks
} > zsh: unmatched '
} > zsh: parse error in command substitution
} > zsh: correct n
} > zsh: command not found: ks
}
} This is not a bug.  And the error messages are correct.  SPROMPT is
} initialised to
}
} zsh: correct `%R' to `%r' [nyae]?
}
} If you tund on GLOB_SUBST, zsh will try to expand it so interprets ` as
} command substitution.

Sorry, Zoltan, but I'd say that *IS* a bug.  If the initialization of
SPROMPT causes zsh to produce error messages when an option is set,
then I'd say SPROMPT ought not to be initialized to that.  The user
shouldn't have to know that he can't set certain combinations of options
without also changing his prompts.  That's just too silly.

--
Bart Schaefer                             Brass Lantern Enterprises
http://www.well.com/user/barts            http://www.nbn.com/people/lantern

* Re: Correction Bug in Beta 17
@ 1996-05-08 22:28 ` Zoltan Hidvegi
From: Zoltan Hidvegi @ 1996-05-08 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eskandar Ensafi; +Cc: zsh-workers

@ 1996-05-08 17:33 ` Mark Borges
From: Mark Borges @ 1996-05-08 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eskandar Ensafi; +Cc: zsh-workers

>> On Wed, 08 May 1996 10:10:12 -0700,
>> Eskandar Ensafi(ee) wrote:
ee> With the PROMPT_SUBST option set in zsh-2.6-beta17, the spelling correction
ee> prompt is totally messed up, and two bogus error messages are produced:

ee> 1% setopt correct
ee> 2% setopt promptsubst
ee> 3% ks
ee> zsh: unmatched '
ee> zsh: parse error in command substitution
ee> zsh: correct n
ee> zsh: command not found: ks

Just as a datapoint, I can't reproduce this:

  $ ~/bin/sunos-5.5/zsh -f
  % echo $ZSH_VERSION
  2.6-beta17
  % setopt correct
  % setopt promptsubst
  % ks
  zsh: Does ks mean ls [nyae]? a
  % uname -a
  SunOS roberts 5.5 Generic_103093-02 sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-20
  %

compiled with SUNWspro cc-4.0.

--
  -mb-

* Correction Bug in Beta 17
@ 1996-05-08 17:10 Eskandar Ensafi
From: Eskandar Ensafi @ 1996-05-08 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hello,

With the PROMPT_SUBST option set in zsh-2.6-beta17, the spelling correction
prompt is totally messed up, and two bogus error messages are produced:

1% setopt correct
2% setopt promptsubst
3% ks
zsh: unmatched '
zsh: parse error in command substitution
zsh: correct n
zsh: command not found: ks

I should not be getting the "unmatched" and "parse error" messages.  Wasn't
this problem already reported/fixed?  I distinctly recall that someone else
encountered this problem.

With PROMPT_SUBST turned off, everything is normal:

4% unsetopt promptsubst
5% ks
zsh: correct `ks' to `ls' [nyae]? n
zsh: command not found: ks