zsh-workers
* Completion fails to properly escape parenthesis
@ 2007-02-03  1:39 ` Felix Eckhofer
From: Felix Eckhofer @ 2007-02-03  1:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hi.

Have a look at this short session:
> $ mkdir 'some(dir'
> $ cd some<TAB>
> $ cd some\(dir
> cd:5: bad pattern: some(dir

Obviously, completion fails to escape the '(' properly ("cd some\\\(dir"
works fine). Of course in this example "setopt NO_bad_pattern" would
help, but that's a workaround at best.
I'm now officially giving up on finding where that escaping takes place
in zsh, because at 2:38 I thing I deserve some sleep. If anyone could
kindly point me to the right place I will gladly provide a patch.
Tomorrow.

Good night,
felix
--
felix_eckhofer  *  [fli4l-/eis-team]  *  ICQ#_59008162

"Ein Betriebssystem sie zu knechten, sie alle zu finden,
 ins Dunkle zu treiben und ewig zu binden..."

* Re: Completion fails to properly escape parenthesis
@ 2007-02-03 14:42   ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2007-02-03 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Felix Eckhofer wrote:
> --nextPart1267650.dR9JUp2fVv
>
> Hi.
>
> Have a look at this short session:
> > $ mkdir 'some(dir'
> > $ cd some<TAB>
> > $ cd some\(dir
> > cd:5: bad pattern: some(dir
>
> Obviously, completion fails to escape the '(' properly ("cd some\\\(dir
> works fine).

I must be missing the point here.  some\(dir is exactly the right
quoting for a single parenthesis; the result has just the same effect as
'some(dir'.  Is your cd doing something clever with patterns?  In that
case the problem is there.

--
Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@ntlworld.com>

* Re: Completion fails to properly escape parenthesis
@ 2007-02-03 15:58     ` Felix Eckhofer
From: Felix Eckhofer @ 2007-02-03 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers