zsh-workers
* Re: uhmm, another segmentation fault
       [not found] <20071129133726.GF2541@spiegl.de>
@ 2007-12-09 19:44 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2007-12-09 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Spiegl, Zsh Hackers' List

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:37:26 +0100
Andy Spiegl <zsh.Andy@spiegl.de> wrote:
> Is this the month of zsh bugs? :-)
>
>  lama:~>mutt ali<TAB>
>  interactive: ali[]
>  - corrections -
>  alex                             -- "Alexandra Probst" <Alexandra.Probst@online.de>
>  alle                             -- "KasCada alle" <alle@kascada.com>
>  angi                             -- "Angi Mayr" <angi@spiegl.de>
>  lalo                             -- "Eduardo Carrera" <eduardocarrera2001@yahoo.com
>  - original -
>  ali
>
> Then I pressed "c" and whooooie:
>  lama:~>mutt ali[1]    30401 segmentation fault (core dumped)  zsh

Just looked at this again.  Are you still using 4.3.4 (it always helps
to be told even if you think we should be able to guess: the default
assumption if we have to guess is that you are using the latest code in
the archive)?  If so, this is probably the bug fixed in 23807 (which
fits your symptoms exactly) and you should try either the latest code in
the archive or the imminent 4.3.5.

Otherwise, do you have --enable-zsh-debug turned on in that shell?  If
not, would you be able to try it out with that turned on?  That would
allow us to eliminate some problem with being in the wrong character
mode (multibyte vs. wide character) since this add checks at appropriate
points.

Thanks.

--
Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@ntlworld.com>

* Re: uhmm, another segmentation fault (SOLVED)
@ 2007-12-11 17:23   ` Andy Spiegl
From: Andy Spiegl @ 2007-12-11 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Stephenson; +Cc: ZSH Workers List, ZSH User List

Peter Stephenson wrote:

> Just looked at this again.  Are you still using 4.3.4 (it always helps
> to be told even if you think we should be able to guess:
Sorry not to mention it earlier.
When writing this bug report, I was using 4.3.4-26 (debian unstable version).

Just now I installed 4.3.4-dev-3-2 and the bug is gone!  Thx and congratulations!

condor:~>echo $ZSH_VERSION
4.3.4-dev-3

Thanks a lot,
 Andy.

--
 If cats and dogs didn't have fur would we still pet them?

* Re: uhmm, another segmentation fault
       [not found] <20071129143354.UDCZ26699.aamtaout03-winn.ispmail.ntl.com@smtp.ntlworld.com>
@ 2007-11-29 18:08 ` Andy Spiegl
From: Andy Spiegl @ 2007-11-29 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ZSH User List, ZSH Workers List

> (Sorry, I'm using a dumb web interface because our spam filter blocked
> the executable attachment, so this is likely to be a bit messy.)
executable?  No, it was just a plain text file (Shell Skript)

You are right about the missing information for debugging,
but I didn't want to send you my complete setup.
You wouldn't have the time to read all of it. :-)

> 1. it appears to have something to do with interactive
> completion
> (I'm not an expert on this but you haven't in any case
> told us how this is set up)
Hm, the most important part should be this:

zstyle ':completion:*' completer _complete _match _correct _7slash
# first try _match without appending a *
zstyle ':completion::match:*' original yes
zstyle ':completion::match:*' insert-unambiguous true
# options for approximate
zstyle ':completion::approximate:*' max-errors 2 numeric
zstyle ':completion::approximate:*' insert-unambiguous true
zstyle ':incremental' completer _complete _correct _7slash
zstyle ':predict' completer _complete
unsetopt rec_exact
zstyle ':completion:*' matcher-list '' 'm:{A-Za-z}={a-zA-Z} m:[-._]=[-._] r:|[-./_]=** r:|=*' '+l:|=*'
zstyle ':completion:*' squeeze-slashes true
zstyle ':completion:*' menu select=10 interactive
zstyle ':completion:*' use-cache on
zstyle '*:matches' group 'yes'
zstyle ':completion:*' group-name ''
zstyle ':completion:*:*:-command-:*' group-order builtins functions aliases commands
zstyle ':completion:*' group-order files directories
zstyle '*:descriptions' format "$fg_bold[yellow]%d$fg_no_bold[cyan]"
zstyle '*:options' description 'yes'
zstyle '*:options' auto-description '%d'

> 2. it depends on your Mutt aliases file whose format,
> let alone contents, I don't currently know.
They have all this format:
 alias firstname.lastname "Firstname Lastname" <email@domain>
Maybe the problem is that there are 597 of them?

> Can you find a simpler way of reproducing it?
So far, no.  But I'll keep trying.

Thanks,
 Andy.

--