zsh-workers
* list not accepting posts?
@ 2009-07-28 16:10 Greg Klanderman
From: Greg Klanderman @ 2009-07-28 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh list

I sent a message yesterday and got a temporary failure:

| Final-recipient: rfc822; zsh-workers@sunsite.dk
| Action: delayed
| Diagnostic-Code: smtp;  451 4.3.5 Server configuration problem
| Last-attempt-Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 06:00:35 +0000

and the message has not yet been sent to the list, so this is just a
test message..

greg

* Re: list not accepting posts?
@ 2009-07-28 21:23 ` Phil Pennock
From: Phil Pennock @ 2009-07-28 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh list

On 2009-07-28 at 12:10 -0400, Greg Klanderman wrote:
> I sent a message yesterday and got a temporary failure:
>
> | Final-recipient: rfc822; zsh-workers@sunsite.dk
> | Action: delayed
> | Diagnostic-Code: smtp;  451 4.3.5 Server configuration problem
> | Last-attempt-Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 06:00:35 +0000
>
> and the message has not yet been sent to the list, so this is just a
> test message..

The list management software (qconfirm) also uses SMTP Envelope Sender
to test for membership and does not understand BATV envelopes.  Other
mailing-list managers use Sender:/From:/etc and so are unaffected.

A result is that I'm having to individually confirm every message I
send.  So I send less and start feeling frustrated any time I want to
post to zsh-workers.  I'll have to confirm this post before anyone else
sees it.

On May 1st (2009) I mailed staff@dotsrc.org to ask about this;
dotsrc.org appears to be the new name for sunsite.dk, etc.  I've had no
response.

Does anyone have any contacts with sunsite.dk that can get this fixed?

Thanks,
-Phil

* Re: list not accepting posts?
@ 2009-07-29 18:18   ` Greg Klanderman
From: Greg Klanderman @ 2009-07-29 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh list

> On 2009-07-28 at 12:10 -0400, Greg Klanderman wrote:
>> I sent a message yesterday and got a temporary failure:
>>
>> | Final-recipient: rfc822; zsh-workers@sunsite.dk
>> | Action: delayed
>> | Diagnostic-Code: smtp;  451 4.3.5 Server configuration problem
>> | Last-attempt-Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 06:00:35 +0000
>>
>> and the message has not yet been sent to the list, so this is just a
>> test message..

Interestingly my test message made it but my post from Monday seems to
be lost.  Guess I'll have to reconstruct it as I didn't save a copy.

> The list management software (qconfirm) also uses SMTP Envelope Sender
> to test for membership and does not understand BATV envelopes.  Other
> mailing-list managers use Sender:/From:/etc and so are unaffected.

That's definitely not the problem I'm having.. I've been posting just
fine all along until Monday.

> A result is that I'm having to individually confirm every message I
> send.

Just wondering - how do you have to confirm your messages?

greg

* Re: list not accepting posts?
@ 2009-07-29 21:31     ` Phil Pennock
From: Phil Pennock @ 2009-07-29 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Klanderman; +Cc: Zsh list

On 2009-07-29 at 14:18 -0400, Greg Klanderman wrote:
> > A result is that I'm having to individually confirm every message I
> > send.
>
> Just wondering - how do you have to confirm your messages?

Some arbitrary time after sending the original, I get a confirmation
mail.  It's normally long enough after that I've moved on from reading
zsh-workers, so it's a while (sometimes >1 day) before I check again and
see the confirmation mail finally made it in; I then reply to that.  An
empty body is fine.

As long as it's the same day, the SMTP envelope sender will be the same,
but I think the qconfirm stuff is using a cookie in the recipient
address so I don't need to confirm from the same original address if it
does no longer match.

-Phil