zsh-workers
* How to set exit trap from inner function?
@ 2023-02-24  2:08 Sebastian Gniazdowski
From: Sebastian Gniazdowski @ 2023-02-24  2:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

I want to automatically clear all functions created from outer function.

auto-unset-funcs() {
    # Don't leak any functions
    typeset -ga ef
    ef=( ${(k)functions} )
    # No localtraps – sets in outside scope
    trap "unset -f -- \"\${(k)functions[@]:|ef}\" &>/dev/null; unset ef"
EXIT
    trap "return 1" INT
}

Above code correctly clears new functions when pasted into the outer
function. However, I would like to avoid pasting and simply do:

outer() {
    emulate -L zsh
    auto-unset-funcs
    # freely define new functions…
}

However, the EXIT trap is executed when auto-unset-funcs exits, not when
outer() does… I thought that lack of localoptions localtraps would declare
the EXIT trap in the first function that has it (outer does, via emulate
-L). Doing setopt localoptions nolocaltraps in auto-unset-funcs didn't
help. Any ideas on having such auto-unset-funcs function?
--
Best regards,
Sebastian Gniazdowski

* Re: How to set exit trap from inner function?
@ 2023-02-24 23:41 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2023-02-24 23:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Gniazdowski; +Cc: Zsh hackers list

On Thu, Feb 23, 2023 at 6:10 PM Sebastian Gniazdowski
<sgniazdowski@gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to automatically clear all functions created from outer function.
>
> Any ideas on having such auto-unset-funcs function?

Unclear what side-effect messing about with localtraps may have on
this, but you can use one EXIT trap to set another EXIT trap:

inner () {
  trap "print FROM INNER: \$0; trap 'print FROM OUTER: \$0' EXIT" EXIT
}
outer () {
  inner
}

% outer
FROM INNER: outer
FROM OUTER: Src/zsh

Getting the quoting right for something more complicated, is left as
an exercise.

* Re: How to set exit trap from inner function?
@ 2023-02-26  9:56   ` Sebastian Gniazdowski
From: Sebastian Gniazdowski @ 2023-02-26  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Schaefer; +Cc: Zsh hackers list