zsh-workers
* Re: differences between the two branches
@ 2000-10-14 19:02     ` Peter Stephenson
                         ` (3 more replies)
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2000-10-14 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

Bart Schaefer wrote:
> } Hmm, a bit of perl could probably help here.

Thanks.  I've just been looking through this, except for a few which
went way before 4.0.2 which I haven't bothered to look at again (some in
the list below still predate 4.0.2).  This obviously dupliates Oliver's
selection to a certain extent, but I'm a sucker for a perl script.

Here's a list of things which could go, if it's not too much work, and
those that probably shouldn't.

I will not be moving other people's patches to 4.0 myself, now or ever,
because I'm too lazy and too disorganised.  So decide based on the
following, or otherwise.  For the same reason, there's a middle category
between `could go' and `probably shouldn't go' called `my brain hurts'
(you have to imagine the knotted handkerchief, tank top and ape-like
posture).  Some of the ones in the last category are simply there
because they're new and would actually be entirely harmless to tranfer.

Could go if not too much work
============================

> -	* unposted: Completion/compinstall: spotted by Bart: assignments
> -	when finding $fpath if not set in current shell were completely
> -	garbled.

That's me.  That should go across, but I'll have to do it by hand.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 16xxx
> only in branch/ChangeLog: 16018

Oliver: I think these are probably the same, so it's probably gone in
anyway. It fixes compilation for Darwin, which would certainly
be a good idea.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15812

Bart: doc changes for parameters.  Might make sense to copy these over.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15739
> only in current/ChangeLog: 15740

Clint: compaudit, probably OK, maybe even necessary on Debian.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15721

Me: LICENCE: Oliver pointed this out and it's now in.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15713

Wayne: _rpm: probably OK.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15702

Bart: Doc improvements, probably could go across.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15676

Bart: minor test tweaks.  Might be a good idea since they remove some
unnecessary failures.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15653

Sven: Restore traditional insert-tab behaviour.  This was certainly a
bug in that it disagreed with the doc, so probably ought to be in 4.0.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15638

Sven: correction with matchers.  Definitely a bug, so if this is in 4.0
should go across.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15596

Wayne: silence compiler, fine if applicable.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15583

Me: installfns.sh installed CVS stuff, may need to go across.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15508

Me: _cvs tags didn't work with one command, should go across if not
already there.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15488

Bart: doc tweaks, probably reasonable to apply these.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15375

Bart: explain setopt CORRECT, could probably go across.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15354

Bart: Doc indexing, useful but I don't know how hard this is to transfer.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15279

Me: expand an expansion description, probably OK to push back.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15181

Andrej: kpic -> KPIC; I thought this *was* for 4.0.2?

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15180

Andrej: fix AIX configuration, should almost certainly go across if it's
been tested (does sourceforge have AIX?)

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15099

Andrej: test suite handles `unimplemented', be nice to have this in 4.0
but may well need some work.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15057

Bart: PRINT_EXIT_VALUE: didn't work, so probably this ought to go back.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15023, 15027
> only in current/ChangeLog: 15038

Bart: fix POSIX `for', looks OK to copy.
Andrej: test POSIX for syntax, depends on fix.

My brain hurts just thinking about it
=====================================

> only in current/ChangeLog: 16002

Sven: Fix expand style with prefix:  probably OK, but I don't know if
it's relevant or easy to port.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15949
> only in current/ChangeLog: 15994

Me: list-suffixes and other stuff in compinstall.  I may simply copy the
whole of compinstall across (see above).

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15944

Sven: `suffix' in expand style always respected.  Arguably a bug fix,
but arguably not.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15836
> only in current/ChangeLog: 15806
> only in current/ChangeLog: 15809

Wayne: `r' problem reported by Bart.  Dunno if this was in 4.0.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15650
> only in current/ChangeLog: 15669

Sven: approximation and ~ problems.  Dunno, it's too hard to work out
the consequences.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15615

Sven: complicated matcher thing it would take me half an hour to
understand.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15584

Sven: zwc problem, dunno if this is relevant.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15498

Me: Consequent on moving zle builtins to zshzle.  Must check if that was
already in 4.0.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15198

Bart: _tilde return value, OK if applicable, but may well not be.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15094

Clint: his prompt theme, dunno.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15060

Bart: A02alias: can't keep track of whether this applies or not.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15050, 15054

Bart: POSIX exit statuses.  Change of behaviour, so not sure.

Probably shouldn't go
=====================

> only in current/ChangeLog: users/4157 (plus workers/15674)

Bart: upgrade to _man, probably too much out of sync with 4.0 by now.
15674 looks like a bug fix in any case.

> only in current/ChangeLog: unposted; based on 14679 (me) and 14693 (Bart)

Andrej: autoconf 2.50 fixes.  Not necessary; for consistency, we're
sticking with the the old version for 4.0.

> +2001-09-21  Andrew Main (Zefram)  <zefram@zsh.org>
> +
> +	* Doc/Zsh/contrib.yo, Functions/Misc/tetris: Tetris game for ZLE.
> +

Not necessary.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15608
> only in current/ChangeLog: Bart: 15106, small changes in 15152
> only in current/ChangeLog: 15945

Bart: improves _cd.  Sven: improve _cd.
I can't actually work out what the combined effect is, but there are
almost certainly too many _cd, _tilde etc. changes.

> only in current/ChangeLog: Back out 15266

Me: That didn't go in anyway.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 16006

Clint: _mailboxes.  New style, so doesn't need to be transferred.  I'd
prefer all new behaviour like that, unless strictly necessary for
compatibility, to appear in upgrades rather than bug fixes.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 16005

Clint: mount: there's a lot of this, let's not get into this on 4.0, it
may still be dragging on.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 16000

Clint: new _debchange, not necessary but harmless.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15995

Sven: show directories with globbed files by default.  I don't think we
should change this in mid-4.0.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15991

Sven: file completion display.  I'm not worried about this, myself.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15987

Oliver: tcp.c, irrelevant.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15980

Me: zcalc, irrelevant.

> only in branch/ChangeLog: 15974
> only in current/ChangeLog: 15931
> only in current/ChangeLog: 15917
> only in current/ChangeLog: 15844

Me: 15974 only on branch because it documents the TRAPEXIT bug which is
fixed in 4.1 by 15844, 15917, 15931, but not necessarily stable, so I'll
leave this.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15973

Oliver: printf: irrelevant

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15964

Andrej: tcp.c, irrelevant.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15946

Sven: compresult.c, don't think this is an issue for 4.0

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15919

Clint: tcp.c, irrelevant.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15895

Bart: zftp has changed too much.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15886

Clint: tcp.c, irrelevant.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15851, 15948

Oliver: printf, irrelevant.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15762
> only in current/ChangeLog: 15763
> only in current/ChangeLog: 15766
> only in current/ChangeLog: 15768
> only in current/ChangeLog: 15770
> only in current/ChangeLog: 15772
> only in current/ChangeLog: 15779
> only in current/ChangeLog: 15780
> only in current/ChangeLog: 15783

Clint: tcp.c, irrelevant.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15765

Clint: [[:ascii:]], not necessary.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15734

Zefram: zle user key maps, overdue but too late now for 4.0.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15722

Me: _sh, not necessary.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15720

Bart/me: zmv: not necessary.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15708

Bart: quoted parameter parsing, probably best left alone for 4.0.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15647

Me: zcalc, irrelevant.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15606

Oliver: update _dd, depends on new -w argument to _values.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15597

Sven: _values -w, new option so probably not necessary.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15586
> only in current/ChangeLog: 15590

Me, Oliver: aliases in = context.  Not changed in 4.0.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15588

Sven: _values stuff which gives me a headache.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15585

Me: bash functions, not necessary.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15549

Sven: Y03arguments.ztst resulting from other change only

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15526

Sven: complicated _arguments stuff.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15511

Me: zcalc, irrelevant.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15489
> only in current/ChangeLog: 15509

Sven, Bart: _describe technicality.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15507

Me: zcalc, irrelevant.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15477
> only in current/ChangeLog: 15482
> only in current/ChangeLog: 15484
> only in current/ChangeLog: 15485

Sven: long/short options thing.  Not necessary to backport this.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15472

Bart: remove doc for change which never happened even on 4.1.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15468

Sven: improve _ssh, probably not necessary.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15432

Me: another bash function, not necessary.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15389
> only in current/ChangeLog: 15407
> only in current/ChangeLog: 15409
> only in current/ChangeLog: 15415

Sven: long/short options complexity (15409 was a core dump), only 4.1.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15327
> only in current/ChangeLog: 15329
> only in current/ChangeLog: 15334

Me: line numbering, thing we should steer clear of putting this into 4.0.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15305

Bart: xtrace in zle funcs, probably unnecessary.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15291, 15292
> only in current/ChangeLog: 15304

Me/Bart: fix `scalar=foo; (( scalar = 0 ))', too complicated to try to
backport.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15288

Me: bash functions, not necessary.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15278 (Sven), 15390

Sven: New file completion stuff, not necessary.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15271

Bart: pcre, not necessary.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15266

Me: wrong anyway.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15265

Me: new `for' syntax, not necessary.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15211
> only in current/ChangeLog: 15234
> only in current/ChangeLog: 15242
> only in current/ChangeLog: 15250

Clint: pcre, not necessary.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15228

Clint: AC_CHECK_LIB -> AC_SEARCH_LIBS.  Best to leave this, I should
think.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15169

Oliver/Me: I said explicitly I wouldn't put this in 4.0

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15123

Sven: _cd and _tilde, I'm sick of this, either we leave well alone or
copy the current versions straight back to 4.0.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15087
> only in current/ChangeLog: 15115

Sven: handle disowning stopped jobs, new feature, probably leave out
though I don't think it's really a problem.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15056

Bart: magic space change, deliberately left out, I believe.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15030

Me: definitely non-POSIX for, not to go in.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 15029

Sven: _man improvements, probably too complicated.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 14952

Sven: zwc stuff, probably best left out.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 14939

Me: was complete crap.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 14931

Andrej: zftp, prresumably tcp.c-dependent.

> only in current/ChangeLog: 14915
> only in current/ChangeLog: 14929

Me: can't de-readonlify a special; make positional parameter arrays (but
not their elements) readonly.  Not to be put into 4.0.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@pwstephenson.fsnet.co.uk>
Work: pws@csr.com

* differences between the two branches
@ 2001-10-12 13:38 Oliver Kiddle
From: Oliver Kiddle @ 2001-10-12 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> On Oct 8,  9:07am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> }
> } Is anyone keeping track of 4.0 patches or should I go through the log
> } myself?  (`Anyone' means Bart, obviously.)
>
> Unfortunately, no, this time I've only been keeping track of the patches
> that I put on the branch myself.  Nobody seems to have agreed with (or
> at least, not stuck with) my suggestion that ChangeLog entries on the
> branch be kept in sync with the original appearance of the patch on the
> trunk, which would have made diffing the changes simpler.  I was planning
> to just diff the entire trees to attempt to determine what else might
> need to be copied, but I've been pretty busy.  (I shouldn't even be out
> of bed now ...)

To be honest I must have missed the suggestion of keeping the ChangeLog
entries the same in both branches when you first mentioned it. Do you
include the lines with the dates and full ordering in that? I've done a
few messy things like the last completion change where I excluded the
_wget changes from the stable branch but included the rest.

Anyway to make this task easier, I passed both ChangeLogs through a bit
of sed to extract just the entries, wrapped onto one line each. These
could then be passed through sort followed by diff. I've attached the
result which I think is clearer than a diff of the entire trees.

Without having searched in detail, I've identified these as possibly
wanting to go in 4.0:

15180, 15181, 15676 (at least the root check part), 15742, 15806

Oliver

[-- Attachment #2: bdiff.gz --]
[-- Type: application/x-gzip, Size: 8269 bytes --]

* Re: differences between the two branches
@ 2001-10-12 14:30 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2001-10-12 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

Oliver Kiddle wrote:
> Without having searched in detail, I've identified these as possibly
> wanting to go in 4.0:
>
> 15180, 15181, 15676 (at least the root check part), 15742, 15806

(I'm going to have to write a function to pre-process --x-seq '15180' -or
--x-seq 15181 -or --x-seq 15676 -or --x-seq 15742 -or --x-seq 15806 if MH
really doesn't accept alternatives in patterns.)

15180 06/29 "Andrej Borsenkow  PATCH: final patch for AIX<<This makes termcap t
15181 06/29 "Andrej Borsenkow  RE: Zsh 4.0.2 + 64bit Solaris 8 Forte 6.1 compil
15676 08/22 Bart Schaefer      PATCH: Assorted minor test tweaks<<I've had thes
15742 09/06 David Lebel        OpenBSD zshconfig.ac patches<<Hello, I previousl
15806 09/13 Wayne Davison      Re: r problem<<On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, Bart Schaefe

These all certainly look possibles, if they don't depend on previous
patches and haven't gone in yet.  I lost track of the termcap problem.

CSR Ltd., Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0WH, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 392070

and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
prohibited.
delete the material from any computer.

* Re: differences between the two branches
@ 2001-10-12 14:45 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2001-10-12 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

On Oct 12,  2:38pm, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
}
} To be honest I must have missed the suggestion of keeping the ChangeLog
} entries the same in both branches when you first mentioned it.  Do you
} include the lines with the dates and full ordering in that?

Yes; if you include the same date lines, diff tends to sync up between the
entries, in which case a
} few messy things like the last completion change where I excluded the
} _wget changes from the stable branch but included the rest
are easy to see, rather than getting lost in large swaths of "+" or "-"
lines in the diff output.  At least, it works more of the time than it
does if the entries are differently dated/ordered.

} Anyway to make this task easier, I passed both ChangeLogs through a bit
} of sed to extract just the entries, wrapped onto one line each.

Hmm, a bit of perl could probably help here.  It should be possible to
gobble up the entries to sort them by article number without actually
unfolding them.  I might fiddle with that later.

* Re: differences between the two branches
@ 2001-10-13  7:39   ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2001-10-13  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

On Oct 12,  2:45pm, Bart Schaefer wrote:
}
} } Anyway to make this task easier, I passed both ChangeLogs through a bit
} } of sed to extract just the entries, wrapped onto one line each.
}
} Hmm, a bit of perl could probably help here.  It should be possible to
} gobble up the entries to sort them by article number without actually
} unfolding them.  I might fiddle with that later.

Attached are the script and the output.  (Thanks go to S. Spencer Sun,
who happens both to work at Zanshin with me and to be an old Princeton
crony of PF's, for the basic algorithm that I hacked to produce this
script.)

What this does is parse change-long entries, pick out the article numbers
(for very loose definitions of "article" and "number"), and stash each
entry in a hash keyed on that article number.  If it can't parse one, it
lumps all such entries under "unattributed".  Every entry so hashed gets
its own "date name email" line (provided one could be parsed, so this
doesn't work very well on ChangeLog.3.0 as yet, though ChangeLog-3.1 is
mostly acceptable).

If there are multiple article numbers between the `*' and the `:' in the
same entry, they all get sucked up into one big key.  The regex to do this
took up about 80% of the time I expended on the script.  (I shouldn't have
bothered about being able to parse ChangeLog-3.1, but I did.)

The script then sorts the hash keys in reverse order (which means that
workers/*, users/*, unattributed, etc., come before article numbers, so
it's not perfect) and walks both hashes, comparing the keys.  If it
finds a key in one hash but not the other, it prints an "only in XXX"
line.  Otherwise it runs diff on the actual entries and prints out any
lines it gets back.

So the result is, in roughly descending-article-number order, a list of
all the articles that appear in only one file, plus the diffs of any
log entries where the same article was logged differently to each.

You run it as

	difflog.pl [diff-options] older-file newer-file

E.g. I ran

	difflog.pl -u1 branch/ChangeLog current/ChangeLog

The option `-bw' is always added to the diff-options, see `@differ'.

You can probably think of ways to make the output more useful, e.g. by
dumping the actual log entries that appear only in the newer file so
you don't have to go hunting for them.  Left as an excercise; I'm very
sleepy now.

[-- Attachment #2: difflog.pl --]
[-- Type: text/plain , Size: 2553 bytes --]

#!/usr/bin/perl

use IO::File;

my @differ = qw(diff -bw);
my $oldtmp = "/tmp/difflog$$.old";
my $newtmp = "/tmp/difflog$$.new";

my $newfn = pop(@ARGV);
my $oldfn = pop(@ARGV);
my (%oldhash, %newhash);

read_file($newfn, \%newhash);
read_file($oldfn, \%oldhash);

my @oldentries = reverse sort keys %oldhash;
my @newentries = reverse sort keys %newhash;

my $old = 0;
my $new = 0;

while ($old < @oldentries && $new < @newentries)
{
  my $cmp = $oldentries[$old] cmp $newentries[$new];
  if ($cmp > 0)
  {
    printf("only in %s: %s\n\n", $oldfn, $oldentries[$old++]);
  }
  elsif ($cmp < 0)
  {
    printf("only in %s: %s\n\n", $newfn, $newentries[$new++]);
  }
  else
  {
    if ($oldhash{$oldentries[$old]} ne $newhash{$newentries[$new]}) {
      my $oldfh = new IO::File("/tmp/difflog$$.old", 'w');
      $oldfh->print($oldhash{$oldentries[$old]});
      $oldfh->close();
      my $newfh = new IO::File("/tmp/difflog$$.new", 'w');
      $newfh->print($newhash{$newentries[$new]});
      $newfh->close();
      open(DIFF, join(' ', @differ, @ARGV, $oldtmp, $newtmp, '|'));
      my @lines = <DIFF>;
      close(DIFF);
      unlink </tmp/difflog$$.*>;
      if (@lines)
      {
	print "diff for ", $oldentries[$old], ":\n";
	map {
	  s/$oldtmp/$oldfn/;
	  s/$newtmp/$newfn/;
	} @lines;
	print @lines, "\n";
      }
    }
    ++$old;
    ++$new;
  }
}

while ($old < @oldentries)
{
  printf("only in %s: %s\n", $oldfn, $oldentries[$old++]);
}

while ($new < @newentries)
{
  printf("only in %s: %s\n", $newfn, $newentries[$new++]);
}

sub read_file
{
  my $fn = shift;
  my $hashref = shift;
  my $fh = new IO::File($fn, 'r');
  my ($tag, $date, $entry, $block);

  my $attrib = q[(:?(:?workers?|users?)/)?\d+];
  $attrib = q[(?:\w+\s+)*] . $attrib;
  $attrib = q[(?:[^/]*\D:\s*)?] . $attrib;
  $attrib = qq[(?:unposted|$attrib)];
  $attrib = qq[(?:(?:$attrib,)*\s*$attrib)];

  $hashref->{unattributed} = $block = '';

  while (my $line = $fh->getline())
  {
    if ($line =~ /(\d{4}-\d\d-\d\d)\s+.+\s+<.+\@.+>/i) {
      $date = $1;
      $block =~ s/\n*\Z/\n/;
      if ($entry) {
	$hashref->{$entry} .= "$tag\n$block";
      } elsif ($tag) {
	$hashref->{unattributed} .= "\n$tag$block";
      }
      $entry = $block = '';
      $tag = $line;
    } elsif ($line =~ /\* ((?:$attrib)[^:]*):/) {
      my $next = $1;
      if ($entry) {
	$block =~ s/\n*\Z/\n/;
	$hashref->{$entry} .= "$tag\n$block";
      }
      $entry = $next;
      $hashref->{$next} = '';
      $block = $line;
    } else {
      $block .= $line;
    }
  }
  $fh->close();
}

[-- Attachment #3: Text --]
[-- Type: text/plain , Size: 11532 bytes --]

only in current/ChangeLog: users/4157 (plus workers/15674)

diff for users/4092:
--- branch/ChangeLog	Fri Oct 12 23:45:56 2001
+++ current/ChangeLog	Fri Oct 12 23:45:56 2001
@@ -1,4 +1,4 @@
-2001-08-17  Wayne Davison  <wayned@users.sourceforge.net>
+2001-08-07  Wayne Davison  <wayned@users.sourceforge.net>

-	* users/4092: Src/hist.c: Don't drop the last line of the history
-	file when handling a signal.
+	* users/4092: Src/hist.c: Don't lose the last history line
+	when a signal causes us to rewrite the history file.

only in current/ChangeLog: unposted; based on 14679 (me) and 14693 (Bart)

diff for unposted:
@@ -1,5 +1,3 @@
-2001-06-13  Peter Stephenson  <pws@csr.com>
+2001-06-06  Andrej Borsenkow  <bor@zsh.org>

-	* unposted: Completion/compinstall: spotted by Bart: assignments
-	when finding $fpath if not set in current shell were completely
-	garbled.
+	* unposted: Etc/zsh-development-guide: we now support autoconf-2.50

diff for unattributed:
@@ -0,0 +1,8 @@
+
+2001-09-21  Andrew Main (Zefram)  <zefram@zsh.org>
+
+	* Doc/Zsh/contrib.yo, Functions/Misc/tetris: Tetris game for ZLE.
+
+2001-06-04  Peter Stephenson  <pws@csr.com>
+
+	* Relabelled this version 4.1.0-dev-0.

diff for David Lebel: 15742:
@@ -1,2 +1,2 @@
-2001-09-09  Bart Schaefer  <schaefer@brasslantern.com>
+2001-09-09  Bart Schaefer  <schaefer@zsh.org>

only in current/ChangeLog: Bart: 15106, small changes in 15152

only in current/ChangeLog: Back out 15266

only in current/ChangeLog: 16xxx

only in branch/ChangeLog: 16018

only in current/ChangeLog: 16006

only in current/ChangeLog: 16005

only in current/ChangeLog: 16002

only in current/ChangeLog: 16000

only in current/ChangeLog: 15995

only in current/ChangeLog: 15994

only in current/ChangeLog: 15991

only in current/ChangeLog: 15987

diff for 15983:
--- branch/ChangeLog	Fri Oct 12 23:45:57 2001
+++ current/ChangeLog	Fri Oct 12 23:45:57 2001
@@ -1,6 +1,6 @@
-2001-10-12  Oliver Kiddle  <opk@zsh.org>
+2001-10-08  Oliver Kiddle  <opk@zsh.org>

-	* 15983: Completion/Unix/Command/_user_admin,
-	Completion/Unix/Command/_sysctl, Completion/Unix/Type/_urls,
-	Completion/Unix/Command/_webbrowser: darwin support in _sysctl,
-	complete files for galeon
+	* 15983: Completion/Unix/Command/_wget, Completion/Unix/Type/_urls,
+	Completion/Unix/Command/_user_admin, Completion/Unix/Command/_sysctl,
+	Completion/Unix/Command/_webbrowser: update for wget 1.7, darwin
+	support in _sysctl, complete files for galeon

only in current/ChangeLog: 15980

only in branch/ChangeLog: 15974

only in current/ChangeLog: 15973

only in current/ChangeLog: 15964

only in current/ChangeLog: 15949

only in current/ChangeLog: 15946

only in current/ChangeLog: 15945

only in current/ChangeLog: 15944

only in current/ChangeLog: 15931

only in current/ChangeLog: 15919

only in current/ChangeLog: 15917

only in current/ChangeLog: 15895

only in current/ChangeLog: 15886

diff for 15882:
--- branch/ChangeLog	Fri Oct 12 23:45:57 2001
+++ current/ChangeLog	Fri Oct 12 23:45:57 2001
@@ -1,2 +1,2 @@
-2001-10-12  Oliver Kiddle  <opk@zsh.org>
+2001-09-27  Oliver Kiddle  <opk@zsh.org>

only in branch/ChangeLog: 15866, Sven 15468

only in current/ChangeLog: 15866

only in current/ChangeLog: 15851, 15948

only in current/ChangeLog: 15844

diff for 15837:
--- branch/ChangeLog	Fri Oct 12 23:45:58 2001
+++ current/ChangeLog	Fri Oct 12 23:45:58 2001
@@ -1,2 +1,2 @@
-2001-09-18  Wayne Davison  <wayned@users.sourceforge.net>
+2001-09-17  Wayne Davison  <wayned@users.sourceforge.net>

[...]

only in branch/ChangeLog: 15630 & 15713

only in current/ChangeLog: 15630

diff for 15621:
--- branch/ChangeLog	Fri Oct 12 23:45:59 2001
+++ current/ChangeLog	Fri Oct 12 23:45:59 2001
@@ -1,2 +1,2 @@
-2001-09-09  Geoff Wing  <gcw@zsh.org>
+2001-08-15  Geoff Wing  <gcw@zsh.org>

only in current/ChangeLog: 15615

only in current/ChangeLog: 15608

only in current/ChangeLog: 15606

only in current/ChangeLog: 15597

only in current/ChangeLog: 15596

diff for 15594:
+2001-08-07  Oliver Kiddle  <opk@zsh.org>

only in current/ChangeLog: 15590

only in current/ChangeLog: 15588

only in current/ChangeLog: 15586

only in current/ChangeLog: 15585

only in current/ChangeLog: 15584

only in current/ChangeLog: 15583

only in branch/ChangeLog: 15577

diff for 15574:
--- branch/ChangeLog	Fri Oct 12 23:45:59 2001
+++ current/ChangeLog	Fri Oct 12 23:45:59 2001
@@ -2,5 +2,10 @@

-	* 15574: Completion/Unix/Command/_cvs, Completion/Unix/Type/_users,
-	Completion/Unix/Command/_user_admin, Completion/Unix/Type/_groups,
-	Completion/Unix/Type/_directories: new _user_admin completion for
-	useradd, groupmod etc and remove redundant duplication in _cvs
+	* 15574: Completion/Unix/Command/_cvs, Completion/Unix/Command/_dd,
+	Completion/Unix/Command/_dict, Completion/Unix/Command/_grep,
+	Completion/Unix/Command/_loadkeys, Completion/Unix/Command/_ls,
+	Completion/Unix/Command/_patch, Completion/Unix/Command/_user_admin,
+	Completion/Unix/Command/_wget, Completion/Unix/Type/_diff_options,
+	Completion/Unix/Type/_directories,  Completion/Unix/Type/_groups,
+	Completion/Unix/Type/_users: new _user_admin for useradd, groupmod etc,
+	rewrite of _dd to use _values and make more completions share
+	descriptions for long and short options

diff for 15562, Akinori Musha: 15559, 15563:
-2001-08-06  Oliver Kiddle  <opk@zsh.org>
+2001-08-03  Oliver Kiddle  <opk@zsh.org>

only in current/ChangeLog: 15549

only in current/ChangeLog: 15526

only in current/ChangeLog: 15511

only in current/ChangeLog: 15509

only in current/ChangeLog: 15508

only in current/ChangeLog: 15507

only in current/ChangeLog: 15498

only in current/ChangeLog: 15489

only in current/ChangeLog: 15488

diff for 15487:
--- branch/ChangeLog	Fri Oct 12 23:45:59 2001
+++ current/ChangeLog	Fri Oct 12 23:45:59 2001
@@ -2,3 +2,4 @@

-	* 15487: Src/Zle/complete.c: fix for `--' before matches ignoring all
-	-M options in compadd
+	* 15487: Completion/Base/Utility/_describe, Src/Zle/complete.c:
+	move pattern matching in the loop to make sure all match specs
+	are used

only in current/ChangeLog: 15485

only in current/ChangeLog: 15484

only in current/ChangeLog: 15482

only in current/ChangeLog: 15477

only in current/ChangeLog: 15472

only in current/ChangeLog: 15468

only in current/ChangeLog: 15432

only in current/ChangeLog: 15415

only in current/ChangeLog: 15409

only in current/ChangeLog: 15407

only in current/ChangeLog: 15389

only in current/ChangeLog: 15375

only in current/ChangeLog: 15354

only in current/ChangeLog: 15334

only in current/ChangeLog: 15329

only in current/ChangeLog: 15327

only in current/ChangeLog: 15305

only in current/ChangeLog: 15304

only in current/ChangeLog: 15291, 15292

only in current/ChangeLog: 15288

only in current/ChangeLog: 15279

only in current/ChangeLog: 15278 (Sven), 15390

diff for 15277:
--- branch/ChangeLog	Fri Oct 12 23:46:00 2001
+++ current/ChangeLog	Fri Oct 12 23:46:00 2001
@@ -1,4 +1,4 @@
-2001-07-05  Peter Stephenson  <pws@csr.com>
+2001-07-06  Peter Stephenson  <pws@csr.com>

-	* 15277: Src/glob.c: bug with ${(S)...%%...}: the indices
+	* 15277: Src/glob.c: *real* bug with ${(S)...%%...}: the indices
 	for start and end of backreferences were incorrect.

only in current/ChangeLog: 15271

only in current/ChangeLog: 15266

only in current/ChangeLog: 15265

only in current/ChangeLog: 15250

only in current/ChangeLog: 15242

only in current/ChangeLog: 15234

only in current/ChangeLog: 15228

only in current/ChangeLog: 15211

only in current/ChangeLog: 15198

only in current/ChangeLog: 15181

only in current/ChangeLog: 15180

only in current/ChangeLog: 15169

only in current/ChangeLog: 15160 and Andrej zsh-users/3973

only in branch/ChangeLog: 15160

diff for 15151:
--- branch/ChangeLog	Fri Oct 12 23:46:01 2001
+++ current/ChangeLog	Fri Oct 12 23:46:01 2001
@@ -1,2 +1,2 @@
-2001-06-28  Peter Stephenson  <pws@pwstephenson.fsnet.co.uk>
+2001-06-27  Peter Stephenson  <pws@pwstephenson.fsnet.co.uk>

only in current/ChangeLog: 15123

only in current/ChangeLog: 15115

only in current/ChangeLog: 15099

only in current/ChangeLog: 15094

only in current/ChangeLog: 15087

diff for 15079:
-2001-06-28  Clint Adams  <clint@zsh.org>
+2001-06-25  Clint Adams  <clint@zsh.org>

only in current/ChangeLog: 15060

only in current/ChangeLog: 15057

only in current/ChangeLog: 15056

only in current/ChangeLog: 15050, 15054

only in current/ChangeLog: 15038

only in current/ChangeLog: 15030

only in current/ChangeLog: 15029

only in current/ChangeLog: 15023, 15027

only in current/ChangeLog: 14952

only in current/ChangeLog: 14939

only in current/ChangeLog: 14931

only in current/ChangeLog: 14929

diff for 14921:
--- branch/ChangeLog	Fri Oct 12 23:46:02 2001
+++ current/ChangeLog	Fri Oct 12 23:46:02 2001
@@ -2,3 +2,4 @@

-	* 14921: Completion/Zsh/_zftp: autoload zfcd_match and zfget_match
-	if necessary.
+	* 14921: Functions/Zftp/zfinit, Completion/Zsh/Command/_zftp:
+	Load tcp module for zftp; autoload zfget_match and zfcd_match
+	for _zftp.

only in current/ChangeLog: 14915

only in current/ChangeLog: 14863

only in current/ChangeLog: 14843

only in current/ChangeLog: 14827

only in current/ChangeLog: 14815

only in current/ChangeLog: 14813

diff for 14792:
--- branch/ChangeLog	Fri Oct 12 23:46:03 2001
+++ current/ChangeLog	Fri Oct 12 23:46:03 2001
@@ -2,4 +2,4 @@

-	* 14792: Test/comptest: Don't import the current terminal type for
-	the zpty terminal, because the current terminal might not be able
-	to run ZLE (e.g., emacs shell mode).
+	* 14792: Src/Modules/tcp.h, Src/Modules/zftp.c: Shuffle around
+	several #include directives to get the sockaddr_in definition in
+	all the places it's needed.

only in current/ChangeLog: 14778

only in current/ChangeLog: 14770

only in current/ChangeLog: 14760

only in current/ChangeLog: 14758

only in branch/ChangeLog: 14679, Bart 14693, 14758, 14760

* Re: differences between the two branches
@ 2001-10-13 21:47     ` Wayne Davison
From: Wayne Davison @ 2001-10-13 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Schaefer; +Cc: zsh-workers

Very cool script.  The output has reminded me to integrate my recent
"fc -l" changes and the HIST_NO_STORE fixes (now that they've simmered
for enough time on the trunk).  I also tweaked a couple of my recent
branch ChangeLog entries to make them more like the trunk.

..wayne..

* Re: differences between the two branches
@ 2001-10-15 12:06       ` Clint Adams
                         ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Clint Adams @ 2001-10-15 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Stephenson; +Cc: Zsh hackers list

> I will not be moving other people's patches to 4.0 myself, now or ever,

> Clint: compaudit, probably OK, maybe even necessary on Debian.
> Clint: his prompt theme, dunno.

I've committed these two to 4.0 and left the rest.

* Re: differences between the two branches
@ 2001-10-16 13:10       ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2001-10-16 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

I've committed the following changes of mine to 4.0.

The crucial compinstall changes are already there, so I didn't alter that.

Index: ChangeLog
RCS file: /cvsroot/zsh/zsh/ChangeLog,v
retrieving revision 1.1193.4.107
diff -u -r1.1193.4.107 ChangeLog
--- ChangeLog	2001/10/15 11:59:11	1.1193.4.107
+++ ChangeLog	2001/10/16 13:03:55
@@ -240,6 +240,11 @@
 	* users/4092: Src/hist.c: Don't lose the last history line
 	when a signal causes us to rewrite the history file.

+2001-08-07  Peter Stephenson  <pws@csr.com>
+
+	* 15583: Config/installfns.sh: ignore CVS directories for
+	all function installations, not just with subdirectories.
+
 2001-08-06  Oliver Kiddle  <opk@zsh.org>

 	* 15574: Completion/Unix/Command/_cvs, Completion/Unix/Type/_users,
@@ -259,6 +264,17 @@
         * 15551: Completion/Unix/Command/_gzip: handle -l and -t
         as done for -d; only complete presumably compressed files.

+2001-07-27  Peter Stephenson  <pws@csr.com>
+
+	* 15508: Completion/Unix/Command/_cvs: cvs tag told you it was
+	going to complete a tag, but then didn't.
+
+2001-07-26  Peter Stephenson  <pws@csr.com>
+
+	* 15498: Doc/Zsh/builtins.yo, Doc/Zsh/zle.yo: fix cross-refs
+	for zle builtins and add extra texinfo nodes for zle keymaps,
+	builtins and widgets.
+
 2001-07-26  Oliver Kiddle  <opk@zsh.org>

 	* 15503: Test/E01options.ztst: fix posixbuiltins test so that it
@@ -315,6 +331,11 @@

 	* 15308: Src/builtin.c: Fix infinite loop on `r OLD=NEW' when OLD
 	is the empty string, by rejecting replacements with an empty OLD.
+
+2001-07-06  Peter Stephenson  <pws@csr.com>
+
+	* 15279: Doc/Zsh/expn.yo: describe those ${(S)...%%...} things
+	so that even I understand what the code does.

 2001-07-06  Oliver Kiddle  <opk@zsh.org>

@ 2001-10-16 17:08       ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2001-10-16 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

} Could go if not too much work
} ============================
}
} > only in current/ChangeLog: 15812
} > only in current/ChangeLog: 15702
} > only in current/ChangeLog: 15676
} > only in current/ChangeLog: 15488
} > only in current/ChangeLog: 15375
} > only in current/ChangeLog: 15057
} > only in current/ChangeLog: 15023, 15027
} > only in current/ChangeLog: 15038

I've patched in all of these, run "make" and "make check", and fixed up
a few problems (like "ZTST_execchunk" instead of "(eval)" in some of
the tests).

Given the difflog script, which I think I'll commit in Util/ on the trunk
if no one objects, I decided to lump all the log entries under today's
date-stamp; I can spread them around later if we think that's the right
way to go.

I did find a couple of minor problems:  Test/Y0* don't abort following
a failure in the %prep section, rather they go on and fail at the first
test.  They report a failure of %prep, but don't stop.  I haven't done
anything about that yet, but if/when it's fixed, there are couple of
small tweaks needed to Test/Y0*.

} > only in current/ChangeLog: 15354
}
} Bart: Doc indexing, useful but I don't know how hard this is to transfer.

This looks a bit icky because it's so many files.  I'll commit what I
have so far and then see if this will apply as a patch; there are too
many files to try using ediff.

} My brain hurts just thinking about it
} =====================================
}
} > only in current/ChangeLog: 15836
} > only in current/ChangeLog: 15806
} > only in current/ChangeLog: 15809
}
} Wayne: `r' problem reported by Bart.  Dunno if this was in 4.0.

This was in every version of zsh back to before 2.xx, as I recall.  It
should go in if possible.

} > only in current/ChangeLog: 15198
}
} Bart: _tilde return value, OK if applicable, but may well not be.

I put it in, though it had to change very slightly.  It's not as important
in 4.0 because _cd doesn't call _tilde, but it was still wrong as it was.

} > only in current/ChangeLog: 15060
}
} Bart: A02alias: can't keep track of whether this applies or not.

There are two entries for 15060:

	* 15060: Test/A02alias.ztst: Change expected return value to
	account for 15050.

	* 15060: Test/Y01completion.ztst, Test/Y02compmatch.ztst,
	Test/Y03arguments.ztst, Test/comptest: Abandon the tests during
	the %prep section if the zpty module can't be loaded.

The second one applies (it had to, in order for 15676 to apply), but the
first one only applies if:

} > only in current/ChangeLog: 15050, 15054
}
} Bart: POSIX exit statuses.  Change of behaviour, so not sure.

These I didn't put in, so I didn't put in the first part of 15060 either.

* Additional differences between the two branches
@ 2001-10-16 17:41         ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2001-10-16 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

I found a bug in the difflog.pl script when there were repeated entries
for the same article number (e.g. 15060).  Here are additional differences
in the "unposted" changes,  revealed by re-running the fixed script; I've
edited a bit to remove obviously irrelevant parts.

I've actually already committed this one, though not yet logged it:

+2001-08-15  Adam Spiers  <adam@spiers.net>

+	* unposted: Doc/Zsh/expn.yo: mention the word `greedy' in the
+	docs for the S flag, to make it easier to find for those used to
+	Perl-speak.

Here are the rest:

diff for unposted:
+2001-10-05  Geoff Wing  <gcw@zsh.org>
+
+	* unposted: Doc/Zsh/options.yo: typo
+
+2001-08-17  Adam Spiers  <adam@spiers.net>
+
+	* unposted: Functions/Prompts/prompt_adam2_setup: eliminate
+	horrible inefficiencies resulting from avoidable fork()s
+
+2001-08-15  Geoff Wing  <gcw@zsh.org>

+2001-08-15  Adam Spiers  <adam@spiers.net>

+	* unposted: Doc/Zsh/compsys.yo: add missing docs for cache-policy
+	style.

+2001-07-03  Clint Adams  <clint@zsh.org>
+
+	* unposted: Doc/Zsh/.distfiles, Functions/Example/.distfiles,
+	Src/Modules/.distfiles: update distfiles for 15211.
+
+2001-07-02  Bart Schaefer  <schaefer@zsh.org>
+
+	* unposted: zshconfig.ac: Remove references to FUNCINST_MK.
+
+2001-06-28  Oliver Kiddle  <opk@zsh.org>
+
+	* unposted: Etc/zsh-development-guide, Test/B01cd.ztst: fix typos

* Re: Additional differences between the two branches
@ 2001-10-17  7:15           ` Geoff Wing
From: Geoff Wing @ 2001-10-17  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Hackers

Bart Schaefer <schaefer@brasslantern.com> typed:
:I found a bug in the difflog.pl script when there were repeated entries
:for the same article number (e.g. 15060).  Here are additional differences
:in the "unposted" changes,  revealed by re-running the fixed script; I've
:edited a bit to remove obviously irrelevant parts.

OK, I reckon I'm up-to-date with my 4.0 pull ups.

(As for 4.1.*, I haven't yet done the docs for TRANSIENT_RPROMPT.  I'll
probably sit on the code for a week or so anyway before committing)

FYI:

:diff for unposted:
:+2001-10-05  Geoff Wing  <gcw@zsh.org>
:+
:+	* unposted: Doc/Zsh/options.yo: typo
:+

s/AUTO_CONT/AUTO_CONTINUE/  only relevant with 4.1.*

:+2001-08-15  Geoff Wing  <gcw@zsh.org>

Script bogon (unless that bit of the output was hand-edited).
This matches my 4.0.* 2001-09-09 entry.

Regards,
--
Geoff Wing | gcw@pobox.com | gcw@rxvt.org | gcw@zsh.org

* Re: Additional differences between the two branches
@ 2001-10-17 10:13           ` Adam Spiers
From: Adam Spiers @ 2001-10-17 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Bart Schaefer (schaefer@brasslantern.com) wrote:
> I found a bug in the difflog.pl script when there were repeated entries
> for the same article number (e.g. 15060).  Here are additional differences
> in the "unposted" changes,  revealed by re-running the fixed script; I've
> edited a bit to remove obviously irrelevant parts.
>
> I've actually already committed this one, though not yet logged it:
>
> +2001-08-15  Adam Spiers  <adam@spiers.net>
>
> +	* unposted: Doc/Zsh/expn.yo: mention the word `greedy' in the
> +	docs for the S flag, to make it easier to find for those used to
> +	Perl-speak.

Ah, I wondered why mine weren't appearing.  Thanks.

> +2001-08-17  Adam Spiers  <adam@spiers.net>
> +
> +	* unposted: Functions/Prompts/prompt_adam2_setup: eliminate
> +	horrible inefficiencies resulting from avoidable fork()s
>
> +2001-08-15  Adam Spiers  <adam@spiers.net>
>
> +	* unposted: Doc/Zsh/compsys.yo: add missing docs for cache-policy
> +	style.

Those would both be perfectly safe to go across, although I think I
missed the thread where it was decided what the role of the two
branches should be.

* Re: differences between the two branches
                         ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2001-10-17 11:18       ` Sven Wischnowsky
From: Sven Wischnowsky @ 2001-10-17 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Peter Stephenson wrote:

> > only in current/ChangeLog: 15653
>
> Sven: Restore traditional insert-tab behaviour.  This was certainly a
> bug in that it disagreed with the doc, so probably ought to be in 4.0.

I've committed this on.

> > only in current/ChangeLog: 15638
>
> Sven: correction with matchers.  Definitely a bug, so if this is in 4.0
> should go across.

This would need 15588, which I didn't commit

> > only in current/ChangeLog: 16002
>
> Sven: Fix expand style with prefix:  probably OK, but I don't know if
> it's relevant or easy to port.

I've committed it.

> > only in current/ChangeLog: 15944
>
> Sven: `suffix' in expand style always respected.  Arguably a bug fix,
> but arguably not.

Committed, because `expand' was non-functional before.

> > only in current/ChangeLog: 15650
> > only in current/ChangeLog: 15669
>
> Sven: approximation and ~ problems.  Dunno, it's too hard to work out
> the consequences.

These depend on 15588, too.

> > only in current/ChangeLog: 15615
>
> Sven: complicated matcher thing it would take me half an hour to
> understand.

This is actually only a simple bug fix, I've committed it.

> > only in current/ChangeLog: 15584
>
> Sven: zwc problem, dunno if this is relevant.

It isn't (needed only after the change for the new `for'-syntax).

> > only in current/ChangeLog: 15608
> > only in current/ChangeLog: Bart: 15106, small changes in 15152
> > only in current/ChangeLog: 15945
>
> Bart: improves _cd.  Sven: improve _cd.
> I can't actually work out what the combined effect is, but there are
> almost certainly too many _cd, _tilde etc. changes.

Yes.

> > only in current/ChangeLog: 15995
>
> Sven: show directories with globbed files by default.  I don't think we
> should change this in mid-4.0.

Agreed.

> > only in current/ChangeLog: 15991
>
> Sven: file completion display.  I'm not worried about this, myself.

This makes lists for unsorted groups work as documented, I've
committed it.

> > only in current/ChangeLog: 15946
>
> Sven: compresult.c, don't think this is an issue for 4.0

It isn't.

> > only in current/ChangeLog: 15597
>
> Sven: _values -w, new option so probably not necessary.
>
> > only in current/ChangeLog: 15588
>
> Sven: _values stuff which gives me a headache.

These belong together, I've not committed them.

> > only in current/ChangeLog: 15549
>
> Sven: Y03arguments.ztst resulting from other change only

Yep.

> > only in current/ChangeLog: 15526
>
> Sven: complicated _arguments stuff.

Better not touch that.

> > only in current/ChangeLog: 15489
> > only in current/ChangeLog: 15509
>
> Sven, Bart: _describe technicality.

This is only needed for the new option-list behaviour below.

> > only in current/ChangeLog: 15477
> > only in current/ChangeLog: 15482
> > only in current/ChangeLog: 15484
> > only in current/ChangeLog: 15485
>
> Sven: long/short options thing.  Not necessary to backport this.

Yes.

> > only in current/ChangeLog: 15468
>
> Sven: improve _ssh, probably not necessary.

Yes.

> > only in current/ChangeLog: 15389
> > only in current/ChangeLog: 15407
> > only in current/ChangeLog: 15409
> > only in current/ChangeLog: 15415
>
> Sven: long/short options complexity (15409 was a core dump), only 4.1.

Again...

> > only in current/ChangeLog: 15278 (Sven), 15390
>
> Sven: New file completion stuff, not necessary.

Yep.

> > only in current/ChangeLog: 15123
>
> Sven: _cd and _tilde, I'm sick of this, either we leave well alone or
> copy the current versions straight back to 4.0.

Me too.

> > only in current/ChangeLog: 15087
> > only in current/ChangeLog: 15115
>
> Sven: handle disowning stopped jobs, new feature, probably leave out
> though I don't think it's really a problem.

Clint mentioned this lately but got no replies.

> > only in current/ChangeLog: 15029
>
> Sven: _man improvements, probably too complicated.

Maybe.

> > only in current/ChangeLog: 14952
>
> Sven: zwc stuff, probably best left out.

It also depends on other changes (zwcstat()).

Bye
  Sven

--
Sven Wischnowsky                    wischnow@informatik.hu-berlin.de