* [9fans] win32 rx server, 9pany ?
@ 2003-07-08 23:49 Andrew Simmons
From: Andrew Simmons @ 2003-07-08 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> listen to Bruce Schneier ...

"The world is full of bad security systems designed by people who have read
Applied Cryptography."

> code it.

That's the bit I was rather hoping to avoid. I'm currently using the Windows
Crypto API, but don't really trust it.

* [9fans] win32 rx server, 9pany ?
@ 2003-07-09  0:30 Andrew Simmons
From: Andrew Simmons @ 2003-07-09  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> maybe if you told us the type of random numbers you need might help.

For session key generation etc. I've been looking at OpenSSL & Cryptlib, &
was just interested in any other alternatives.  It would probably get too
far OT and boring to go into it further, so I'll shut up now.

* [9fans] win32 rx server, 9pany ?
@ 2003-07-08 23:17 Andrew Simmons
From: Andrew Simmons @ 2003-07-08 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

 > time between crashes?

I said "random".

* [9fans] win32 rx server, 9pany ?
@ 2003-07-08 22:56 Andrew Simmons
From: Andrew Simmons @ 2003-07-08 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

 >I started down the path of porting factotum to windows

What are you using for random number generation under Windows?

* [9fans] win32 rx server, 9pany ?
@ 2003-07-08 10:22 steve.simon
From: steve.simon @ 2003-07-08 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

I want an rx demon (BSD rshd) to run on Win32. This
could use rhosts type authentication but p9any
would be a better solution. I was thinking
about hacking the u9fs source to extract the p9any
authentication module into a stand-alone program
which my rxd could exec().

This starts to feel a bit like factotum, I could
have listen exec rxd with a known file descriptor
attached to factotum - Win32/Unix file descriptor
inheritance being the closest thing I have to plan9
file namespace.

Anyone else thought about / done anything like this.

-Steve