* [9fans] a few misc. questions...
@ 2009-07-22  5:21 Corey
From: Corey @ 2009-07-22  5:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

In no particular order.  Your help is very much appreciated - still getting my
legs on w/ plan 9; I make a real effort not to query the list until I'm at a
standstill.

How do I enable hd dma?  There's a dmamode=ask in my plan9.ini, but I don't
see that option mentioned in the plan9.ini man.

I've been running into mention of kfs throughout various rc scripts and
whatnot; is kfs simply the default file system for a plan 9 terminal?

Where's the boot log located (I looked in /sys/log)? I'm seeing some errors
being printed to the console after I specified which user to log in as at the
prompt, but those errors vanish too quickly for me to parse.

Finally, regarding the errors I just mentioned, they seem to be something
along the lines of:

"can't initialize venti /dev/scd0/arenas: arena header or trailer corrupted"

... this didn't occur the first time I installed plan 9 on this machine, but
since the second time I did a re-install from scratch (for practice).

Thanks for all the help!