* [9fans] Mitsubishi's M32R
@ 2000-08-13 16:38 Anthony Sorace
From: Anthony Sorace @ 2000-08-13 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

anybody know anything about this chip? Mitsubishi
was pushing on it for a while, trying to get it in
all sorts of set-top boxes and screen phones. they
approached Lucent's Inferno BU several years ago,
but i don't think anything came of it.
: anothy;

* Re: [9fans] Mitsubishi's M32R
@ 2000-08-14 21:44 pip
From: pip @ 2000-08-14 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Mitsubishi is notorious for not being very forthcoming
with information about their IC products. They have a very
sweet dev board for the M32R/D that I tried to obtain. It was
listed as being available from several distributors. However
each one i called said I had to sign some sort of NDA before
I could get it. I finally spoke to a representative at Mitsubishi
who said he could loan one, provided he dropped it off at
our premises, and we signed some kind of agreement.

I've heard similar complaints about the M16C -- people
seem to think it's a nice architecture, but hate the Mitsubishi
sales folk.

If you don't mind my asking, any particular reason for liking
the M32R/D ? ;)
-
pip

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1693 bytes --]

From: Anthony Sorace <anothy@eden.rutgers.edu>
To: undisclosed-recipients:;undisclosed-recipients:;@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] Mitsubishi's M32R
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 12:38:31 -0400 (EDT)

@ 2000-08-14 17:56 Anthony Sorace
From: Anthony Sorace @ 2000-08-14 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans, pip

thanks for the info, disapointing though it may be.

//any particular reason for liking the M32R/D ?

no reason, really. i'm just cleaning up a room in my
house, and i've got one of these, perhaps the "very
sweet dev board" you mentioned. it's got two PCICIA
slots and a serial connector, as well as 87-pin and
58-pin connectors that i can't immediatly identify.
i've got no documentation for the board (don't even
know what voltage it wants for power), and i'm not
ever real eager to dump hardware (i've also got two
730+'s and a 630 in the same room, as well as a
non-working Alpha AXP board, an ARM7500 development
board, and lots of SUN stuff of varying vintage).
: anothy;