* Re: [9fans] New language?
@ 2002-07-17  7:33 Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2002-07-17  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> More seriously, I'm happy to work further on Alef, but I have long
> ago accepted Bell Labs' view that maintaing the libraries is a
> disaster.

Is there any way to generate them automatically or to permit
Alef to bind to C ones somehow? Does it use different conventions
in the object files?

* [9fans] more extensions
@ 2002-07-16 17:28 Howard Trickey
From: Howard Trickey @ 2002-07-16 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

This is tempting.  Tuples are one of my favorite things
about Limbo.

However, I'm biased, as I was the one that pushed for tuples
in Limbo, I think.

But adding them to C's already delicate grammar might
be harder than it appears.  And  there comes a point
where an extension changes the flavor of a language
a little too much, and I think this one might be over
that line.

- Howard Trickey