* Re: [9fans] survey
@ 2003-07-07  8:18 ` Lucio De Re
From: Lucio De Re @ 2003-07-07  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 10:22:53AM +0200, pac wrote:

> >> etc.  And please don't offend anyone by merging the *BSDs with Linux.
>
> sorry for that!
>
> > on an HTML page.
>
> will you then bother to respond?  ;-)))

I did once, I don't see why I shouldn't a second time.

> folks, I only wanted to have my "opinions" on Plan 9
> corrected/supported/denied by persons much more experienced than me (==YOU)!

Well, I don't know about experienced, but I'm happy to offer an
opinion, but not to write an essay :-)

++L

* [9fans] survey
@ 2003-07-07  8:22 pac
From: pac @ 2003-07-07  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>>>                       Win    Mac    Sun    SGI    Linux/BSD    Plan9
>>>
>>> design               [  ]    [  ]   [  ]   [  ]   [  ]         [  ]
>>>
>> etc.  And please don't offend anyone by merging the *BSDs with Linux.

sorry for that!

> on an HTML page.

will you then bother to respond?  ;-)))
folks, I only wanted to have my "opinions" on Plan 9
corrected/supported/denied by persons much more experienced than me (==YOU)!

cheers,
++pac.

* Re: [9fans] survey
@ 2003-07-04 11:12   ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2003-07-04 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I think you need to go the tick-box route:  ...

on an HTML page.

* Re: [9fans] survey
@ 2003-07-04 10:51 ` Lucio De Re
From: Lucio De Re @ 2003-07-04 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 12:42:27PM +0200, pac wrote:

> dear folks,
> i§m writing a paper introducing my "neXt" archive of plan9 software to
   ^ this is no quote/apostrophe!
> biologists. would like
> to know YOUR opinion on comparison with selected other oses. hope youll take
> a minute
> to help me be less subjective. pls, put scores into the following table,
> 1=worst, 5=best.
>
> FEEL FREE TO ADD MORE LINES, if you wish ;-)

I think you need to go the tick-box route:  For each feature you
probably want to rate the operating system in some fashion.  Perhaps:

@ 2003-07-04 10:42 pac
From: pac @ 2003-07-04 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

dear folks,
i§m writing a paper introducing my "neXt" archive of plan9 software to
biologists. would like
to know YOUR opinion on comparison with selected other oses. hope youll take
a minute
to help me be less subjective. pls, put scores into the following table,
1=worst, 5=best.

FEEL FREE TO ADD MORE LINES, if you wish ;-)

Win    Mac    Sun    SGI    Linux/BSD    Plan9

design

modularity (as opposed to "monolithicity")

networking

security

orientation to computing (as opposed to "office")

extensibility/flexibility

user friendliness

sorry to bother,
nice weekend,