* Re: [9fans] simple keyboard question
@ 2003-12-22  2:40 David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2003-12-22  2:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hugo_santos, 9fans

Lots of ways over time.  The quick and dirty one is just change the scan code
mappings in the kernel's kbd.c.  Better you than me since you've got the
keyboard.

* RE: [9fans] simple keyboard question
@ 2003-12-21 17:42 Tiit Lankots
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Tiit Lankots @ 2003-12-21 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

but the google lookup was nevertheless useful.
i didn't know before that the typewriter was marketed
by remington (of the rifle fame)

Tiit

* RE: [9fans] simple keyboard question
@ 2003-12-21 17:38 Tiit Lankots
From: Tiit Lankots @ 2003-12-21 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

 > another myth, just not true.  look up the story at google.com (try
> 	dvorak keyboard fudged
> as a starter).

Different web pages tell different stories. But if experiments show
that qwerty typists are nowadays faster than dvorak's - you can't
argue with facts.

Tiit

* RE: [9fans] simple keyboard question
@ 2003-12-21 17:10 Tiit Lankots
From: Tiit Lankots @ 2003-12-21 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> dvoraks are no more efficient for typists than qwerty keyboards.
> the only good argument i've heard for using them is that, during the
> transition period, you tend to be a very slow typist and this may
> alleviate RSI.

That Dvorak's idea was flawed, anyone can tell. But qwerty was designed
to _slow the typist down_.

Tiit

* [9fans] simple keyboard question
@ 2003-12-21 13:46 Hugo Santos
From: Hugo Santos @ 2003-12-21 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

How may i change the keymap in plan9? I wish to use Dvorak. I browsed
through some man pages but found no information.

Hugo Santos