* Re: [9fans] /sys/lib/plumb/basic
@ 2002-07-23  6:37 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2002-07-23  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>	arg isfile ./$1 /sys/include/$1

This makes damege to the rule, I now understand.
How we can make it work as follows:

1) if there is thread.h in /3e/sys/include, then catch it first.
2) if not, catch /sys/include/thread.h

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] /sys/lib/plumb/basic
@ 2002-07-24  0:40 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2002-07-24  0:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>> the latter of which is actually binded from /n/dioriteother/3e.
>
>Does the plumber have the same name space as you? Did you do
>the bind after plumber was started?

Yes, you are right.   I dispatched plumber in my lib/profile file
before binding /n/dioriteother/3e to /3e.   I changed the file, and
the problem has gone.

Thanks a lot

Kenji   --namespace, it is the question :-)

* Re: [9fans] /sys/lib/plumb/basic
@ 2002-07-23 12:29 rob pike, esq.
From: rob pike, esq. @ 2002-07-23 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

If I do what you say, it does what you want, since the plumb rule
for /sys/include is tried only after the file is not found in the local
directory.  I suspect your problem lies here:

> the latter of which is actually binded from /n/dioriteother/3e.

Does the plumber have the same name space as you? Did you do
the bind after plumber was started?

-rob

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2173 bytes --]

From: okamoto@granite.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] /sys/lib/plumb/basic
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:24:53 +0900

>Are you saying you have two files
>thread.h, in /sys/include and /3e/sys/include?
yes.

>And that if you plumb
><thread.h> when you're in one directory, you want to get the other?
No, I wnat the thread.h under the directory where I'm now liveing.

I have two thread.h files in two directories, /sys/include and /3e/sys/include,
the latter of which is actually binded from /n/dioriteother/3e.

Under the /3e/sys/include in acme's window , I pressed button 3
on the thread.h string, then, I got /sys/include/thread.h, but I wanted
to get /3e/sys/include/thread.h.

I also checked

cd /3e/sys/include
plumb thread.h

and I got /sys/include/thread.h instead of /3e/sys/include/thread.h.

Then, I changed the line to
	arg isfile ./$1 /sys/include/$1
, and killed the plumber processes, and restarted it.
Then, I got the expected result.

Kenji  --sorry my vague English (anytime ;_;)

* Re: [9fans] /sys/lib/plumb/basic
@ 2002-07-23  6:58 ` Lucio De Re
From: Lucio De Re @ 2002-07-23  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 03:24:53PM +0900, okamoto@granite.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp wrote:

> Then, I changed the line to
> 	arg isfile ./$1 /sys/include/$1
> , and killed the plumber processes, and restarted it.
> Then, I got the expected result.
>
> Kenji  --sorry my vague English (anytime ;_;)

I think the idea is not to have both trees available simultaneously:

	bind /3e/sys /sys

at least in some of the windows, and the plumbing rules will take
care of themselves.  You could just start a new plumber in the new
namespace, but I would feel more comfortable with a new rio, I
think.

++L

* Re: [9fans] /sys/lib/plumb/basic
@ 2002-07-23  6:41 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2002-07-23  6:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

No, I don't like it, because too much cumbersome. :-)

Kenji

PS.  Why redrawing the acme window is so slow on dual pentium
termianl + nvidia card?  Of course, I'm using AGP...

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2870 bytes --]

From: Lucio De Re <lucio@proxima.alt.za>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 08:58:05 +0200

@ 2002-07-23  6:24 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2002-07-23  6:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-07-23  4:37 rob pike, esq.
From: rob pike, esq. @ 2002-07-23  4:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I don't understand the problem.  Are you saying you have two files
thread.h, in /sys/include and /3e/sys/include?  And that if you plumb
<thread.h> when you're in one directory, you want to get the other?

Because I tried the following:

	cd /usr/rob
	date>thread.h
	plumb thread.h

and the file in /usr/rob appeared in Acme, which I think is correct
behavior and is the behavior I think you ask for when you request

	arg isfile ./$1 /sys/include/$1

Please explain what you expect to happen.

-rob

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1677 bytes --]

From: okamoto@granite.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] /sys/lib/plumb/basic
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 13:07:40 +0900

I'm now having two different sets of include files, such as /sys/include
and /3e/sys/include.   When I'm in the /3e/sys/include directory, I
cannot plumb say thread.h.   How about to change the line of the
/sys/lib/plumb/basic file
from
arg isfile	/sys/include/$1
arg isfile	./$1 /sys/include/$1.

I knwo this is a trivial thing, but changing the line so does not have
any side effect, I believe.

Kenji

* [9fans] /sys/lib/plumb/basic
@ 2002-07-23  4:07 okamoto