* [9fans] httpd - first try
@ 2016-09-18  1:40 woplan9
From: woplan9 @ 2016-09-18  1:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans, woplan9

Hello!  I just re-installed plan9 in a raspberry pi, and this time
around, i´m trying to play with the httpd web server, for creating a
small site.

I created /usr/web/index.html and tried to run ip/httpd/httpd which
produces the following error page (via browser, and for the intended
ip):

"
Object not found

The object /usr/glenda/web/index.html does not exist on this server.
errstr: '/usr/web/usr' does not exist
uri host:
header host: 192.168.1.100
actual host: who cares
"
I also created /usr/glenda/web/index.html but the results are the
same.  I know that the /sys/lib/httpd.rewrite and namespace.httpd are
important files for configuring but i´m not sure how.  I didn´t, i´m
afraid, get less cofused by reading httpd man page, but i´m sure it is
my fault :).

My objective is the to run the web server for a index.html basic file
on a directory, somewhere in plan9.  Does anyone have any ideas where
the problem might lie?

Thanks!

João Reis

* Re: [9fans] httpd - first try
@ 2016-09-18 17:18 ` Jules Merit
From: Jules Merit @ 2016-09-18 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Try changing the object index.html into a file.
/Bootes

On Sat, Sep 17, 2016 at 6:40 PM, <woplan9@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello!  I just re-installed plan9 in a raspberry pi, and this time
> around, i´m trying to play with the httpd web server, for creating a
> small site.
>
> I created /usr/web/index.html and tried to run ip/httpd/httpd which
> produces the following error page (via browser, and for the intended
> ip):
>
> "
> Object not found
>
> The object /usr/glenda/web/index.html does not exist on this server.
> errstr: '/usr/web/usr' does not exist
> uri host:
> header host: 192.168.1.100
> actual host: who cares
> "
> I also created /usr/glenda/web/index.html but the results are the
> same.  I know that the /sys/lib/httpd.rewrite and namespace.httpd are
> important files for configuring but i´m not sure how.  I didn´t, i´m
> afraid, get less cofused by reading httpd man page, but i´m sure it is
> my fault :).
>
> My objective is the to run the web server for a index.html basic file
> on a directory, somewhere in plan9.  Does anyone have any ideas where
> the problem might lie?
>

> Thanks!
>
> João Reis

* Re: [9fans] httpd - first try
@ 2016-09-18 21:55   ` woplan9
From: woplan9 @ 2016-09-18 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

hello! Thanks for replying. i' m not sure what you mean. I created a file index.html in a dir web, inside my user /usr/glenda (so, /usr/glenda/web/index.html).
I think i need a small configuration example for /sys/lib/httpd.rewrite and namespace.httpd and a small explanation on how and what directories to use to make the raspberry pi host a smal site. Maybe someone that has done the same, or similar?

Thanks for the help!
João Reis.

> Try changing the object index.html into a file.
> /Bootes
>
> On Sat, Sep 17, 2016 at 6:40 PM, <woplan9@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello!  I just re-installed plan9 in a raspberry pi, and this time
>> around, i´m trying to play with the httpd web server, for creating a
>> small site.
>>
>> I created /usr/web/index.html and tried to run ip/httpd/httpd which
>> produces the following error page (via browser, and for the intended
>> ip):
>>
>> "
>> Object not found
>>
>> The object /usr/glenda/web/index.html does not exist on this server.
>> errstr: '/usr/web/usr' does not exist
>> uri host:
>> header host: 192.168.1.100
>> actual host: who cares
>> "
>> I also created /usr/glenda/web/index.html but the results are the
>> same.  I know that the /sys/lib/httpd.rewrite and namespace.httpd are
>> important files for configuring but i´m not sure how.  I didn´t, i´m
>> afraid, get less cofused by reading httpd man page, but i´m sure it is
>> my fault :).
>>
>> My objective is the to run the web server for a index.html basic file
>> on a directory, somewhere in plan9.  Does anyone have any ideas where
>> the problem might lie?
>>

>> Thanks!
>>
>> João Reis

* Re: [9fans] httpd - first try
@ 2016-09-18 22:22     ` Jules Merit
From: Jules Merit @ 2016-09-18 22:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Try a syscall trace for what the is trying to be opened.

On Sep 18, 2016 2:57 PM, <woplan9@gmail.com> wrote:

> hello! Thanks for replying. i' m not sure what you mean. I created a file
> index.html in a dir web, inside my user /usr/glenda (so,
> /usr/glenda/web/index.html).
> I think i need a small configuration example for /sys/lib/httpd.rewrite
> and namespace.httpd and a small explanation on how and what directories to
> use to make the raspberry pi host a smal site. Maybe someone that has done
> the same, or similar?
>
> Thanks for the help!
> João Reis.
>
> > Try changing the object index.html into a file.
> > /Bootes
> >
> > On Sat, Sep 17, 2016 at 6:40 PM, <woplan9@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hello!  I just re-installed plan9 in a raspberry pi, and this time
> >> around, i´m trying to play with the httpd web server, for creating a
> >> small site.
> >>
> >> I created /usr/web/index.html and tried to run ip/httpd/httpd which
> >> produces the following error page (via browser, and for the intended
> >> ip):
> >>
> >> "
> >> Object not found
> >>
> >> The object /usr/glenda/web/index.html does not exist on this server.
> >> errstr: '/usr/web/usr' does not exist
> >> uri host:
> >> header host: 192.168.1.100
> >> actual host: who cares
> >> "
> >> I also created /usr/glenda/web/index.html but the results are the
> >> same.  I know that the /sys/lib/httpd.rewrite and namespace.httpd are
> >> important files for configuring but i´m not sure how.  I didn´t, i´m
> >> afraid, get less cofused by reading httpd man page, but i´m sure it is
> >> my fault :).
> >>
> >> My objective is the to run the web server for a index.html basic file
> >> on a directory, somewhere in plan9.  Does anyone have any ideas where
> >> the problem might lie?
> >>

> >> Thanks!
> >>
> >> João Reis

* Re: [9fans] httpd - first try
@ 2016-09-18 22:23 ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2016-09-18 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

what is in your /lib/namespace.httpd? how do you start httpd?

> Hello!  I just re-installed plan9 in a raspberry pi, and this time
> around, i´m trying to play with the httpd web server, for creating a
> small site.
>
> I created /usr/web/index.html and tried to run ip/httpd/httpd which
> produces the following error page (via browser, and for the intended
> ip):
>
> "
> Object not found
>
> The object /usr/glenda/web/index.html does not exist on this server.
> errstr: '/usr/web/usr' does not exist
> uri host:
> header host: 192.168.1.100
> actual host: who cares
> "
> I also created /usr/glenda/web/index.html but the results are the
> same.  I know that the /sys/lib/httpd.rewrite and namespace.httpd are
> important files for configuring but i´m not sure how.  I didn´t, i´m
> afraid, get less cofused by reading httpd man page, but i´m sure it is
> my fault :).
>
> My objective is the to run the web server for a index.html basic file
> on a directory, somewhere in plan9.  Does anyone have any ideas where
> the problem might lie?
>

> Thanks!
>
> João Reis

* Re: [9fans] httpd - first try
@ 2016-09-18 22:59   ` woplan9
From: woplan9 @ 2016-09-18 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Well..  i find this a bit weird.  I was using /lib/namespace.httpd
without any changes whatsoever.  I appended the bind /usr/glenda/web
/usr/web/ to /lib/namespace.httpd.  Killed (Kill httpd | rc) and restarted httpd with
ip/httpd/httpd and it worked.  But i' m confused anyway since,
afterwards, i removed the /usr/glenda/web and it works anyway.  I
removed the bind from the namespace.httpd and it works anyway.

Bottom line: it's working with the /sys/lib/httpd.rewrite and
/lib/namespace.httpd unaltered (with the same content as installed in the raspberry pi img), and by creating the directory
/usr/web, and the file /usr/web/index.html.  Next stop is installing
werc! :)
Thanks for the help.  I' m sure i will bother you soon
with aditional problems.

João Reis

> what is in your /lib/namespace.httpd? how do you start httpd?
>

>> Hello!  I just re-installed plan9 in a raspberry pi, and this time
>> around, i´m trying to play with the httpd web server, for creating a
>> small site.
>>
>> I created /usr/web/index.html and tried to run ip/httpd/httpd which
>> produces the following error page (via browser, and for the intended
>> ip):
>>
>> "
>> Object not found
>>
>> The object /usr/glenda/web/index.html does not exist on this server.
>> errstr: '/usr/web/usr' does not exist
>> uri host:
>> header host: 192.168.1.100
>> actual host: who cares
>> "
>> I also created /usr/glenda/web/index.html but the results are the
>> same.  I know that the /sys/lib/httpd.rewrite and namespace.httpd are
>> important files for configuring but i´m not sure how.  I didn´t, i´m
>> afraid, get less cofused by reading httpd man page, but i´m sure it is
>> my fault :).
>>
>> My objective is the to run the web server for a index.html basic file
>> on a directory, somewhere in plan9.  Does anyone have any ideas where
>> the problem might lie?
>>

>> Thanks!
>>
>> João Reis

* Re: [9fans] httpd - first try