* [9fans] Raspberry Pi plan9, keyboard not working.
@ 2017-03-07  1:55 kraftklang
From: kraftklang @ 2017-03-07  1:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Dear,

I just put plan9 onto my raspi. When I plug it in , it all seems to
work, including the mouse, but my wired USB keyboard (a dell rt7d10)
will not work. I get the error:
error intr 0000082
With more 0s, but I didn't bother counting.
Why is this? Can this problem be solved in the software, or do I need to
just buy another keyboard?

Thank You,
KraftKlang

* [9fans] Raspberry Pi plan9, keyboard not working.
@ 2017-03-07  2:13 ` kraftklang
From: kraftklang @ 2017-03-07  2:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Dear,

I just put plan9 onto my raspi. When I plug it in , it all seems to
work, including the mouse, but my wired USB keyboard (a dell rt7d10)
will not work. I get the error:
error intr 0000082
With more 0s, but I didn't bother counting.
Why is this? Can this problem be solved in the software, or do I need to
just buy another keyboard?

Thank You,
KraftKlang

please forgive me if this is a duplicate message, I only just signed up
for the mailing list and the las e-mail I sent went out before I
received a confirmation e-mail, so I'm not sure if it went out  or  not,
sorry.

* Re: [9fans] Raspberry Pi plan9, keyboard not working.
@ 2017-03-07  5:48   ` Andrew Nazarov
From: Andrew Nazarov @ 2017-03-07  5:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

What kind of plan9 and rpi do you use? I got a strange issue with wired
mice using rpi-9front bundle from Chris McGee (
https://github.com/sirnewton01/rpi-9front/issues/3) on rpi B+.

@ 2017-03-07  6:09 ` Bakul Shah
From: Bakul Shah @ 2017-03-07  6:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Tue, 07 Mar 2017 01:55:49 GMT kraftklang@memeware.net wrote:
> Dear,
>
> I just put plan9 onto my raspi. When I plug it in , it all seems to
> work, including the mouse, but my wired USB keyboard (a dell rt7d10)

This keyboard has 7 "hot keys" -- chances are it is sending
some code not understood by plan9's kbd driver. Suggest buying
a keyboard that has no fancy features.

> will not work. I get the error:
> error intr 0000082
> With more 0s, but I didn't bother counting.
> Why is this? Can this problem be solved in the software, or do I need to

Assuming the message starts out something like
    usbotg: epX.Y error intr
it is from /sys/src/9/bcm/usbdwc.c.  0x80 means Xacterr
(transaction error) and 0x02 means Ahberr (AHB DMA error).

> just buy another keyboard?

Yes. A simple non-fancy keyboard.

* Re: [9fans] Raspberry Pi plan9, keyboard not working.
@ 2017-03-07 16:00   ` Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2017-03-07 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

i use pi3s with richard miller's package and have had no keyboard or mouse issues.

keyboards are so cheap now, try another?

-steve

@ 2017-03-07 16:11   ` Dave MacFarlane
From: Dave MacFarlane @ 2017-03-07 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I recommend a simple wireless keyboard/mouse combo. That way the
dongle only takes up 1 of the USB ports for both keyboard and mouse,
since they share the dongle. I never had any problem with either of
both the wireless combos that I've tried with Richard's arm port on my
pi. (I think one was logitech, and one was a microsoft.)

--
- Dave