From: Atticus <grobe0ba@gmail.com>
To: 9fans <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Connect plan9 with Linux SMB resource
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 05:18:55 -0500	[thread overview]

I get failures when cifs(4) attempts protocol negotiation with Samba
4.14.12 on OpenBSD 7-stable, Windows 10, and Server 2019.
cifs(4) itself hasn't seen any commits since 2019, and may be awfully
out-of-date compared to the latest rubbish out of Redmond. I'm also not
aware of anyone that actually uses it regularly.
With Samba you may be able to tweak the protocol version and authentication
stuff, but I wouldn't count on that working, especially not in a domain
configuration.

If you just need to move files back and forth between your desktop and your
9front system, drawterm handles that by making the local system available
under /mnt/term.
There are also 9p servers available that can provide that service as well,
such as https://github.com/Harvey-OS/ninep/cmd/ufs which is written in Go,
so works on basically all major platforms.

There is also an NFS client and server available in 9front which may serve
your needs as well.