* [9fans] fun with replica and pull
@ 2011-12-20  6:00 John Floren
From: John Floren @ 2011-12-20  6:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I'd like to install Erik's nupas, but according to contrib/install, a
bunch of files have been modified locally, so it doesn't install them.
Then, if I try to do a contrib/pull, it believes the package is up to
date. Ok, great, so I do "replica/pull -v /dist/replica/nupas", which
still complains that a ton of files are locally modified. As far as I
can tell, you must specify each individual file in a -s switch to
replica before it'll actually do the right thing--yuck. Is there any
way for me to just install the thing and damn the consequences? I've
looked at the list of files it's afraid to overwrite, they're not
anything I made modifications to (or at least, no important
modifications).

John

[parent not found: <CAL4LZyg=ip2bLy=AiOyKYevDKKcERpCZXNhKWDUWB9i7unYmag@mail.gmail.c>]