* [9fans] /sys/src/fs/port/auth.c
@ 2005-04-13  1:22 Tim Newsham
From: Tim Newsham @ 2005-04-13  1:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Around /sys/src/fs/port/auth.c:312 a ticket request is sent
to the client without first sending the tr.type field to
AuthTreq.  This violates the protocol as documented in
authsrv(6).  I would submit a patch but I dont run my own
kenfs and cant validate the fix.

I'm suprised this is tolerated, doesn't the 9p client check
this field for validity?  The auth server will not honor
the ticket request if it is passed on without first filling
in this field.

Semi-related question: why is the p9sk1 protocol slightly different
in /sys/src/fs (ie. "v.2 p9sk1@...\0", and "OK\0")?

Tim Newsham
http://www.lava.net/~newsham/

* Re: [9fans] /sys/src/fs/port/auth.c
@ 2005-04-13  1:27 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2005-04-13  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

the OK is for synchronization.
having a fixed-size message at the end
makes it easy for both sides to agree on when
p9any stops and the p9sk1 protocol begins.

russ