* [9fans] incorrect system time
@ 2006-11-25  2:59 Myron Cheung
From: Myron Cheung @ 2006-11-25  2:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I downloaded the plan9.iso a few days ago, and when I load it up in qemu,
the system time is off by more than 6 years.  However, I never had this
problem when I ran an older version of plan9 (about 3 years older).  I
searched through the archive of 9fans, and there were some mention of a
similar clock drift problem on other platforms.  Anyways, I checked /dev/rtc
and /dev/time.  It appears that /dev/rtc is correct while /dev/time is way
off.  If I do "cat /dev/rtc > /dev/time", the clock gets reset to its
correct value, but after a few minutes, it reverts back to an incorrect
value.  I just wonder why I never had this problem with the older version of
plan9.  If both versions show similar behavior, I would be more inclined to
put the blame on qemu.

I shall much appreciate any insight from a more experienced user of
developer of plan9.