* [9fans] Dual CPU on Tekram P6B40D-A5
@ 2003-11-26  9:40 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2003-11-26  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm now using dual Pen III 550MHz with old Tekram motherboard
(P6B40D-A5), and writing this mail from that terminal.

I recall that it was not so stable before on the same machine.
The only one difference is that I updated the board's BIOS to
the newest☺ one, version 1.07.

Anything has been updated of the Plan 9 kernel for this kind of
dual CPU terminal from ,say, about two years ago?

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] Dual CPU on Tekram P6B40D-A5
@ 2003-11-26 20:48 ` jmk
From: jmk @ 2003-11-26 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Wed Nov 26 04:42:40 EST 2003, okamoto@granite.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp wrote:
> I'm now using dual Pen III 550MHz with old Tekram motherboard
> (P6B40D-A5), and writing this mail from that terminal.
>
> I recall that it was not so stable before on the same machine.
> The only one difference is that I updated the board's BIOS to
> the newest☺ one, version 1.07.
>
> Anything has been updated of the Plan 9 kernel for this kind of
> dual CPU terminal from ,say, about two years ago?
>
> Kenji

I don't think any changes have been made in thhe MP codein that
timeframe. Many other changes have been made, what was the nature
of the instability?

* Re: [9fans] Dual CPU on Tekram P6B40D-A5
@ 2003-11-27  0:46   ` okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2003-11-27  0:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>> Anything has been updated of the Plan 9 kernel for this kind of
>> dual CPU terminal from ,say, about two years ago?

> I don't think any changes have been made in thhe MP codein that
> timeframe. Many other changes have been made, what was the nature
> of the instability?

The system hung up very offen at two years ago.
Now, yes, dual CPU machine is very comfortable, fast as much
as 2GHz Pen 4, I feel. ☺

Kenji