From: Ethan Gardener <eekee57@fastmail.fm>
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] !#&%&^#*@ RIO!!!
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2018 13:41:47 +0000	[thread overview]

On Fri, Dec 14, 2018, at 11:46 PM, Steve Simon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> having had spinal problems i tried various therapists, alternative and
> traditional, and eventually came back to the first one i tried (physio)
> whit a different therapist.
>
> if you give something a good try and it doesn't work,try something, or
> someone else.
>
> don't give up.

Thanks Steve!  That's encouraging. :)  However, there is something else wrong after all.  Today I got stressed without any physical problem.  I just wanted to remind myself how to handle file read errors and EOF in C, because I haven't done it for a long time.  Part of it was vague error documentation in fopen(2) and no error documentation in read(2), so maybe I should establish the Documentation Liberation Front. ;)  I like writing, but I can have more fun and get more things done for myself with other languages and systems.

The other part was fussing about with error strings.  This wouldn't be a problem in APL, which I know and like.  APL implementations normally include simple interfaces, which is good for me.  (APLX even makes Tk look too complex!)  Much the same could be said (with less "like") for Python, and there are other languages which intrigue me and would probably be fun to learn.  At a lower level, I would like to build my own string/array library.  It would be an intriguing project, but it would fit into Forth slightly better than C due to Forth's simple extensible syntax.  I'm thinking I probably should give up on Plan 9 C.