* Re: [9fans] New 9front image for raspberry pi
@ 2017-01-09  3:17 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2017-01-09  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I still have blocked mail problem tp 9fans.net, then,
I sent this to 9front.org instead.

As I got rpi3 type B model, I'm trying to use your source.
At present, I've got success for old rapsberry 1 model.
I replaced 9pif, bootcode.bin start.elf etc by your new ones.

Thank you very much for your work.
This mail was written from rpi terminal.

Kenji

PS. for rpi3 I have to get a new power supply (larger than 3A).

* Re: [9front] Re: [9fans] New 9front image for raspberry pi
@ 2017-01-15  6:16 ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2017-01-15  6:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> PS. for rpi3 I have to get a new power supply (larger than 3A).

Ok, I got 3.1A power supply from TechShare Inc.
Yes, now I'm using rpi3 here, and I can use '日本語も出来るよ'

I started from the Miller's new image(9pi.img.gz) at sources/contrib/miller,
and replaced/or added files of fixup.data, start.elf start_cd.elf, fixup_cd.dat
etc.  9pif2 was compiled using newton's bcm files.

Kenji

* Re: [9front] Re: [9fans] New 9front image for raspberry pi
@ 2017-01-15 13:13   ` Chris McGee
From: Chris McGee @ 2017-01-15 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I'm still working out some USB kinks. Have you had any keyboard problems? Did you compile/run with 9front?

Thanks,
Chris

@ 2017-01-15 17:54     ` Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2017-01-15 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

any plans to port the audio driver?

-Steve

@ 2017-01-16  0:01     ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2017-01-16  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> I'm still working out some USB kinks. Have you had any keyboard problems? Did you compile/run with 9front

Thank you verry much, Chris.

Yes, I'm using the 9pif2 kernel for terminal (now using it)
with root from tcp. I'm glad to see 4 cores here!

Yes, I have a problem to use Japanese USB keyboard.
I can use it for typing '_' '|' by patching by myself
(it may not be needed for another country).

I have one problem to use it, that is seeing chattering of keyinput,
such that
secstore: WHC
where I did not type anything before that prompt.

Kenji

* Re: [9front] Re: [9fans] New 9front image for raspberry pi
@ 2017-01-16  0:11       ` Chris McGee
From: Chris McGee @ 2017-01-16  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Thanks for trying it out. I'm not sure about the Japanese keyboard, but that key input chattering problem is the one I'm currently hunting.

If anyone can spot the flaw in the usbdwc.c, trap.c or clock.c it would be a great help. Meanwhile, I'll keep looking at it myself, if slowly.

Chris

@ 2017-01-16  0:38         ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2017-01-16  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

The mouse input also freezes some time.
When I playes with games/mahjonng, it occures.
It may be recovered when I wait some time, and tries it onece again.
Probabley usb driver has something problem?

Kenji

@ 2017-01-16  0:45           ` Chris McGee
From: Chris McGee @ 2017-01-16  0:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Yes, there's something wrong with the USB driver. I'm looking into it but if someone can spot the problem please let me know.

https://github.com/sirnewton01/rpi-9front/tree/master/bcm

It doesn't seem to be be present with the older single core pis. The problem presents itself as a HID message indicating extra key presses that get sent to kbdfs. It seems that the packet gets corrupted somehow.

Thanks,
Chris

@ 2017-01-16  2:15             ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2017-01-16  2:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> Yes, there's something wrong with the USB driver. I'm looking into it but if someone can spot the problem please let me know.

On mouse problem in more precise words, mouse doesn't freeze, only stop to accept
mouse button action for a while sometime.

Kenji