* [Caml-list] architecture optimisation at compile time for ocaml 3.06
@ 2003-07-01  9:07 Christophe Michel
From: Christophe Michel @ 2003-07-01  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello list

I just have finished the download and installation of ocaml for my
mandrake 9.1

It works fine, great

Although it seems to be like if there was a little problem

my system relies on an athlon XP2000+ and I would like to take
advantage of this architecture for speed purposes.

but at configure times, the logs seem to be a little erratic:

[root@msi ocaml]# ./configure -with-pthread
Configuring for a i686-pc-linux-gnu ...

# ok, that's what I want...
(...)

Configuration for the native-code compiler:
        hardware architecture..... i386
        OS variant................ linux_elf
        C compiler used........... gcc
        options for compiling..... -Wall -Wno-unused
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_REENTRANT

# so why now i386

I could not play with cflags as with some other sources,

can anyone help me in optimizing source for athlon ??

thanks in advance

Christophe Michel

=====