* [Caml-list] Should -strict-sequence become the default?
@ 2013-10-27 14:20 Yaron Minsky
From: Yaron Minsky @ 2013-10-27 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Back in 3.12.1, a flag, -strict-sequence, was added that require that
the left-hand side of a sequence returns unit.  I suspect there's
broad agreement that -strict-sequence is the better default, but that
the old behavior has been left in place by default for compatibility
reasons.  I wonder if in the next major release, it would make sense
to make -strict-sequence the default, and have a flag for enabling the
old behavior.

To say the obvious, such a change would be of no value to experienced
people and organizations that know how to set up the compiler to their
liking, but can be of real value to newcomers to the language.