* [Caml-list] macports: inconsistent assumptions over interface CamlinternalFormatBasics
@ 2015-06-23 15:21 Vincenzo Ciancia
From: Vincenzo Ciancia @ 2015-06-23 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi all,

I am using ubuntu and happily working in OCaml since decades. A colleague
of mine (I can't access the machine directly) is trying to compile a
program on osx; they used macports to install ocaml, ocamlgraph and
ocamlcsv two days ago. Now what happens is that some files are compiled
correctly, but then here is an error which I don't know how to fix:

Error: The files /opt/local/lib/ocaml/pervasives.cmi
       and /opt/local/lib/ocaml/site-lib/csv/csv.cmi
       make inconsistent assumptions over interface CamlinternalFormatBasics

They already tried to rebuild all the packages depending on ocaml. Any
advice?

Thanks

Vincenzo

here is some more context from the log:

bigarray.cmxa csv.cmxa -c model.ml -o model.cmx
ocamlfind ocamlopt -package ocamlgraph -package csv graph.cmxa
bigarray.cmxa csv.cmxa -c intBool.ml -o intBool.cmx
ocamlfind ocamlopt -package ocamlgraph -package csv graph.cmxa
bigarray.cmxa csv.cmxa -c dotParser.ml -o dotParser.cmx
File "dotParser.ml", line 1:
Error: The files /opt/local/lib/ocaml/pervasives.cmi
       and /opt/local/lib/ocaml/site-lib/csv/csv.cmi
       make inconsistent assumptions over interface
CamlinternalFormatBasics

* Re: [Caml-list] macports: inconsistent assumptions over interface CamlinternalFormatBasics
@ 2015-06-24  9:27 ` Stéphane Glondu
From: Stéphane Glondu @ 2015-06-24  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincenzo Ciancia, caml-list

Le 23/06/2015 17:21, Vincenzo Ciancia a écrit :
> I am using ubuntu and happily working in OCaml since decades. A
> colleague of mine (I can't access the machine directly) is trying to
> compile a program on osx; they used macports to install ocaml,
> ocamlgraph and ocamlcsv two days ago. Now what happens is that some
> files are compiled correctly, but then here is an error which I don't
> know how to fix:
>
> Error: The files /opt/local/lib/ocaml/pervasives.cmi
>        and /opt/local/lib/ocaml/site-lib/csv/csv.cmi
>        make inconsistent assumptions over interface CamlinternalFormatBasics
>

> They already tried to rebuild all the packages depending on ocaml. Any
> advice?

Are you sure they reinstalled the packages after rebuilding them? It
looks like a rebuild (and installation) of csv is needed, here.

Cheers,

--
Stéphane

* Re: [Caml-list] macports: inconsistent assumptions over interface CamlinternalFormatBasics
@ 2015-06-24 13:15   ` Vincenzo Ciancia
From: Vincenzo Ciancia @ 2015-06-24 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stéphane Glondu, caml-list