* [Caml-list] [ANN] BuckleScript 1.5 - First class support for Reason syntax
@ 2017-02-28 15:34 Hongbo Zhang (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEX)
From: Hongbo Zhang (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEX) @ 2017-02-28 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Dear OCaml developers:
   BuckleScript is an optimizing compiler for OCaml to generate readable JavaScript, it is
open sourced by Bloomberg [1].
   We are glad to announce 1.5.0, Besides a number of minor bug fixes and performance improvement, most notable changes:
   # Bundled Reason together thanks to contributions from Facebook Reason team, so that    Reason syntax support is also first class, this also makes Reason for the first time available to Windows users.
  # FFI added `bs.uncurry` which will automatically uncurry the callback so the user land API is clearer, see [2]
  # Improve object label translation to cause less surprise, this might case minor backward compatibility [3]
   Documentation is available here: http://bloomberg.github.io/bucklescript/Manual.html
   To install:
        npm install -g bs-platform
  Let's make OCaml a trend in JavaScript community in 2017, together! -- Hongbo
[1]: https://github.com/bloomberg/bucklescript/
[2]: http://bloomberg.github.io/bucklescript/Manual.html#__bs_uncurry_for_implicit_uncurried_callback_since_1_5_0
[3]: http://bloomberg.github.io/bucklescript/Manual.html#_object_label_translation_convention

* Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] BuckleScript 1.5 - First class support for Reason syntax
@ 2017-03-01  8:30 ` Fabrice Le Fessant
From: Fabrice Le Fessant @ 2017-03-01  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hongbo Zhang, caml-list

Great news !

> Reason syntax support is also first class, this also makes Reason for the
first time available to Windows users.

Could you explain a little this statement ? I thought Reason was already
available on Windows, which dependencies are missing ?
https://github.com/facebook/reason/issues/470

--Fabrice

@ 2017-03-01 17:37 Hongbo Zhang (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEX)
From: Hongbo Zhang (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEX) @ 2017-03-01 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list, Fabrice.Le_fessant

Not really, we developed a small utility to bundle all deps into a single file, it is quite useful,
we can bundle the whole OCaml compiler into a single file, the same applies to Reason and BuckleScript. Then it is super easy to pre-built a windows image, and BuckleScript toolchain does not need c++ toolchain(linker), so from user's point of view, it is just one click style.

We have our own blazing fast build system(powered by Ninja) which is also heavily tested on Windows without Cygwin.

From: Fabrice.Le_fessant@inria.fr At: 03/01/17 12:26:44
To: HONGBO ZHANG (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEX), caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] BuckleScript 1.5 - First class support for Reason syntax

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 5:56 PM Hongbo Zhang (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEX) <hzhang295@bloomberg.net> wrote:

I don't know exactly why it did not work on windows(maybe due to some bashism?). Our solution is very clean, no dependencies on Cygwin or MSVC : )

You compile BuckleScript to JS and then use some JS-engine (node.js ?) to run it ?

--Fabrice

* Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] BuckleScript 1.5 - First class support for Reason syntax
@ 2017-03-01 17:26 ` Fabrice Le Fessant
From: Fabrice Le Fessant @ 2017-03-01 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hongbo Zhang, caml-list

@ 2017-03-01 16:56 Hongbo Zhang (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEX)