* [Caml-list] Recommended teaching setups?
@ 2018-10-30  0:31 Robert Muller
From: Robert Muller @ 2018-10-30  0:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greetings. I've been using OCaml in my programming languages course for
many years. But I haven't been keeping up with best practices vis-a-vis a
common environment for unix (MacOS) and Windows users. I've been using
Vagrant/Virtual Box, with atom + merlin and make files. (Merlin is
fantastic.) I believe that I should upgrade the build system to use Dune,
but I'm not sure about the rest of it. If you know of other aspects of this
setup that I should upgrade, I'd appreciate the heads up.
Thanks,
Bob Muller

* Re: [Caml-list] Recommended teaching setups?
@ 2018-10-30  6:15 ` Yann Régis-Gianas
From: Yann Régis-Gianas @ 2018-10-30  6:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Robert,

the subject of your email refers to "teaching" so just to be sure, are you
looking for an environment to teach OCaml? In that case, can you describe
the profile of your students? I am convinced that there is not a single
answer to this question depending on the background of your students.

Cheers,

Le mar. 30 oct. 2018 à 01:31, Robert Muller <robert.muller2@gmail.com> a
écrit :

> Greetings. I've been using OCaml in my programming languages course for
> many years. But I haven't been keeping up with best practices vis-a-vis a
> common environment for unix (MacOS) and Windows users. I've been using
> Vagrant/Virtual Box, with atom + merlin and make files. (Merlin is
> fantastic.) I believe that I should upgrade the build system to use Dune,
> but I'm not sure about the rest of it. If you know of other aspects of this
> setup that I should upgrade, I'd appreciate the heads up.
> Thanks,
> Bob Muller
>
> --
Yann Régis-Gianas

* Re: [Caml-list] Recommended teaching setups?
@ 2018-10-30 10:39   ` Robert Muller
From: Robert Muller @ 2018-10-30 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)