* [Caml-list] [ANN] Merlin 2.0 release
@ 2014-11-01 21:55 Frédéric Bour
From: Frédéric Bour @ 2014-11-01 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

After months of development, we are pleased to announce the stable
release ofMerlin 2.0.
Supported OCaml versions range from 4.00 to 4.02.1.

Merlin is a tool focusedon helpingyou code in OCaml, by providing
features such as:
- automatic completion of identifiers, using scope and type informations,
- interactively typing definitions and expressions during edition,
- jumping tothedefinition of any identifier,
- quickly reporting errors in the editor.

This release provides great improvements in robustness and quality of
analysis.Files that changed on disk are now automatically reloaded. The
parsing process is finer grained to provide more accurate recovery and
error messages.Integration with JaneStreet Core and js_of_ocaml has also
improved.

Vim & Emacs are still the main targeted editors.Preliminary support for
Sublime Text is also available, see
https://github.com/def-lkb/sublime-text-merlin. Help is welcome to
improve and extend supported editing environments.

Windows support also received some fixes. Merlin is now distributed in
WODI <http://wodi.forge.ocamlcore.org/>. Integration in OCaml-on-windows
<http://protz.github.io/ocaml-installer/> is planned.

This new version of merlin is already available with opam using `opam
install merlin`, and can also be built from the sources which are
available at http://github.com/the-lambda-church/merlin

We want to thank: Yotam Barnoy, Jacques-PascalDeplaix, Geoff Gole, Rudi
Grinberg, Steve Purcell and Jan Rehders, who all contributed to this
release. Thanks to Luc Rocher for providing initial integration with
Sublime Text.
We also thank Gabriel Scherer and JaneStreet for theircontinued support.

The Merlin team

* Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] Merlin 2.0 release
@ 2014-11-04 10:24 ` Mads Jensen
From: Mads Jensen @ 2014-11-04 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frédéric Bour; +Cc: caml-list