* authentication method fails
@ 2019-04-21  1:48 Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2019-04-21  1:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I got an e-mail saying the traditional Gnus
setup with `gnus-select-method' and
`gnus-secondary-select-methods' does not work
for certain mail servers.

    Sadly, it's not working. I tried this a few
    times before and the error message
    indicates, that my mail server does not
    support the authentication method:

        Couldn't send message via news: 441 You need a
        valid email address to post: Invalid response from
        SMTP server mx01.emig.kundenserver.de:
        554-kundenserver.de (mxeue112) Nemesis ESMTP
        Service not available.

    (the mail address i am using is an
    @online.de)

I don't know nothing about online.de but
I never heard of anyone having this issue
before? Is it common, and is there
a workaround?

--
underground experts united