* Decode base64
@ 2012-12-21  6:35 bromley
From: bromley @ 2012-12-21  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello list.

Is it possible to decode a non-latin body?

I tried gnus-article-decode-charset, but it didn't change anything.

*Article* looks like this:

LHJkkjKJHAIASDIUADIAAKSJDB87ASDA

(The above is not the actual message.)

I'd like to decode the message.

How to do it?

* Re: Decode base64
@ 2012-12-21  7:15 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2012-12-21  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Fri, 21 Dec 2012 01:35:30 -0500 (EST), bromley@lavabit.com wrote:

> LHJkkjKJHAIASDIUADIAAKSJDB87ASDA

> (The above is not the actual message.)

> I'd like to decode the message.

> How to do it?

It happens automatically for me.

Do you have an example of where it fails, somewhere?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "FUTURE DIRECTIONS                                           Adam Sjøgren
     None."                                              asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Decode base64
@ 2012-12-21  7:24   ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2012-12-21  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Fri, 21 Dec 2012 08:15:03 +0100, Adam wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Dec 2012 01:35:30 -0500 (EST), bromley@lavabit.com wrote:

>> I'd like to decode the message.

> It happens automatically for me.

For example the article:

  From:Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>
  Subject: Re: saving inline images
  Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 09:15:28 +0900

in this very newsgroup, has a base64-encoded body, which is decoded
automatically on my machine.

It isn't on yours?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Accept the mystery!"                                        Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Decode base64
@ 2012-12-23 11:26   ` bromley
From: bromley @ 2012-12-23 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Do you have an example of where it fails, somewhere?

In the `nnfolder+archive:Sent' group. (It shows `raw' messages.)
I'm using (setq gnus-message-archive-group "Sent").

* Re: Decode base64
@ 2012-12-23 12:22     ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2012-12-23 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 06:26:10 -0500 (EST), bromley@lavabit.com wrote:

>> Do you have an example of where it fails, somewhere?

> In the `nnfolder+archive:Sent' group. (It shows `raw' messages.)

Weird, I've never had problems with this.

Does the article look correct if you copy it to another group?

  Best regards,

   Adam

--
 "Om jag somnar för en stund                                  Adam Sjøgren
  Tar det slut på en sekund                              asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Decode base64
@ 2012-12-26  3:50       ` bromley
From: bromley @ 2012-12-26  3:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Does the article look correct if you copy it to another group?

How can I do it?

* Re: Decode base64
@ 2012-12-26  3:54         ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2012-12-26  3:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Tue, 25 Dec 2012 22:50:36 -0500 (EST), bromley@lavabit.com wrote:

>> Does the article look correct if you copy it to another group?

> How can I do it?

How you can copy and article to another group?

Choose "Article" → "Copy, Move, ... (Backend)" → "Copy article... B c"
in the menu, or simply type B c.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "HALLELUJAH!                                                 Adam Sjøgren
  Så att säga."                                          asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Decode base64
@ 2012-12-30  2:59           ` bromley
From: bromley @ 2012-12-30  2:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

>>> Does the article look correct if you copy it to another group?

It didn't help. It doesn't look right.

* Re: Decode base64
@ 2012-12-30 14:09             ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2012-12-30 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 21:59:52 -0500 (EST), bromley@lavabit.com wrote:

> It didn't help. It doesn't look right.

Is it only that article or all base64-encoded articles? (What about the
one in this group I referenced earlier?)

If the message doesn't contain anything you don't mind sharing, you
could put it somewhere so people can have a look?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Jeg har læst alt hvad google kan finde."                    Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk