* spam-stat warning
@ 2011-05-31 21:09 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-05-31 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On each Gnus startup I now get the following warning in Emacs 24:

Warning: defvar ignored because spam-stat-install-hooks is let-bound

And this is the reason:

(eval-and-compile
  (when (condition-case nil
            (let ((spam-stat-install-hooks nil))
              (require 'spam-stat))
          (file-error
           (defalias 'spam-stat-register-ham-routine 'ignore)
           (defalias 'spam-stat-register-spam-routine 'ignore)
           nil))

And this is because:

(when spam-stat-install-hooks
  (spam-stat-install-hooks-function))

I think that this may be a misfeature.  Just `require'-ing a file should
do anything but load the file, in my opinion.  If you want to install
stuff, then you should call the installation function explicitly.
Otherwise it's just too confusing...