* gnus forgets new mail
@ 2002-04-22 12:54 Norman Walsh
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Norman Walsh @ 2002-04-22 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

I had the following frightening experience today. I've duplicated it
using gnus built from CVS as of this morning.

New mail arrives and gets filtered into folders:

  [ Stuff to Read -- 233 ]
       3, 369: nnml:misc
*      0,  16: nnml:misc.webguy
      39,  81: nnml:misc.spam

If I quit gnus, close emacs, etc. and come back later, when I start
gnus again, all the new messages in 'misc' disappear.

  [ Stuff to Read -- 230 ]
*      0, 369: nnml:misc
*      0,  16: nnml:misc.webguy
      39,  81: nnml:misc.spam

AFAICS, this only happens in the misc folder. If I enter the folder
with C-u space, I can see the messages, which look like they've
already been read, sitting in the folder.

Now, I don't quit gnus very often so I doubt I've missed (much) mail,
but that also means I don't know how long this has been going on.

Help!?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--