* Buffer called *sent wide reply to TG <x@example.com>* but he was not one of the recipients
@ 2013-08-02  7:56 jidanni
From: jidanni @ 2013-08-02  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Type S W (runs the command
gnus-summary-wide-reply-with-original,)

Now alter the headers so the guy listed in the buffer name is no longer
one of the recipients.

Now send the message.

Well that buffer name is now changed to be called
*sent wide reply to TG <thatguy@example.com>*

But in fact he was not one of recipients!

I mean if you are going to change the buffer name, might as well change
it to one of the recipients!

gnus-version "Gnus v5.13"

* Re: Buffer called *sent wide reply to TG <x@example.com>* but he was not one of the recipients
@ 2013-08-02 12:44 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2013-08-02 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

jidanni@jidanni.org writes:

> Well that buffer name is now changed to be called
> *sent wide reply to TG <thatguy@example.com>*

It just changes the "unsent" to "sent".

  No Gnus T-Shirt for sale: http://ingebrigtsen.no/no.php

* Re: Buffer called *sent wide reply to TG <x@example.com>* but he was not one of the recipients
@ 2013-08-03  3:28 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2013-08-03  3:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

jidanni@jidanni.org writes:

> Type S W (runs the command
> gnus-summary-wide-reply-with-original,)
>
> Now alter the headers so the guy listed in the buffer name is no longer
> one of the recipients.
>
> Now send the message.
>
> Well that buffer name is now changed to be called
> *sent wide reply to TG <thatguy@example.com>*
>
> But in fact he was not one of recipients!
>
> I mean if you are going to change the buffer name, might as well change
> it to one of the recipients!
>
> gnus-version "Gnus v5.13"

Looks like you could get the behavior you want by taking
`message-default-send-rename-function', removing the if statement (just
leave the "else" part), giving that function a new name, and setting
`message-send-rename-function' to the name of your new function.

Totally untested!