From: Harry Putnam <hgp@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Overbearing undownloaded face
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 19:37:51 -0700	[thread overview]

Henrik Enberg <henrik@enberg.org> writes:

> Harry Putnam <hgp@sbcglobal.net> writes:
>
>> Is it a local problem or is it intended to work this way?  If the
>> latter how would I override or disable this behavior?
>
> Customize gnus-summary-{low,high}-undownloaded-face.  I agree that the
> default is a bit overwhelming.

Maybe I'm not following you here.  But first what determines a high
interest undownloaded or low interest undownloaded?  Does it involve
scoring? (I don't use scoring)

I did customize the normal-undownloaded but that has no bearing on the
real problem.  That is, the faces associated with other marks  are not
possible unless the article is downloaded. (read, ticked etc)

Does customizing low high somehow affect that problem?.
Are you able to mark undownloaded messages as read, ticked, dormant
etc and see a face change?

Many of the groups under my agentized server are in default category
which I have predicated to false.  I don't want to download them but
do want to read them online (plugged) and be allowed to have faces
associated with read, ticked, dormant etc be used.  The fact that the
group is under an agentized server shouldn't break those faces.

What I see is that in those default (false) category groups messages
will never be downloaded so all the normal gnus faces for read,
ticked etc are useless.  Surely this is not the intent of the
overpowering undownloaded face?  We used to be able to have groups
only read online coexist with agentized groups and have no face
conflict.  Now it appears that will only work if the groups are on
different servers, one agentize the other not.