* Private/public groups
@ 2010-10-08 14:40 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-10-08 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I was thinking about defaults for stuff like gnus-blocked-images and the
gravatar stuff.  You don't want that stuff to default to being on
because of privacy concerns...  but only in mail groups, I think?  If
you're reading a Gwene group, I think most people would want the images
to default to being on, for instance.

So should there be, like, a ... super-setting, saying what privacy you
want?  Where the default would be "privacy in mail groups, but not in
other groups"?

I'm not sure myself...  or how that would be implemented.  Having a
single variable flip over lots of other variables has proved messy in
the past.