* RE: MAPI backend (was: Offtopic: Forwarding in MS Outlook)
@ 2000-05-03 20:09 Horsley Tom
From: Horsley Tom @ 2000-05-03 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntemacs-users, ding

As a way to thwart the forces of evil who mandate MS mail, I've
been working on a program that will run on your PC and access
your outlook mailbox, then act as a POP3 server, thus allowing you
to use any mail reader you want even when Outlook is mandated.

Don't bother to ask when I'll be done, because I have no idea,
but it is a fun project :-).

* Re: MAPI backend (was: Offtopic: Forwarding in MS Outlook)
@ 2000-05-03 22:46 ` Karel Sprenger
From: Karel Sprenger @ 2000-05-03 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: 'Roman Belenov', Andrew Innes, ntemacs-users, ding

Hi,

>>> On Wed, 3 May 2000 16:09:01 -0400 , Horsley Tom (Horsley) wrote:
Horsley>
Horsley> As a way to thwart the forces of evil who mandate MS mail, I've
Horsley> been working on a program that will run on your PC and access
Horsley> your outlook mailbox, then act as a POP3 server, thus allowing you
Horsley> to use any mail reader you want even when Outlook is mandated.
Horsley>
Horsley> Don't bother to ask when I'll be done, because I have no idea,
Horsley> but it is a fun project :-).
Horsley>

Will it also do the sending part?  Fetching is silver, but sending is...
I sure hope you come up with something that frees me from Outlook :-)

Cheers,
Karel (exposed to Exchange for six months)

--
Karel Sprenger <karel.sprenger@compaq.com>  | phone : +31-30-283 4842
Professional Services                       | mobile: +31-6-5178 5034

* MAPI backend (was: Offtopic: Forwarding in MS Outlook)
@ 2000-05-03 18:16   ` Roman Belenov
From: Roman Belenov @ 2000-05-03 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntemacs-users, ding